Your booking experience in Oberhausen (North Rhine-Westphalia)
With a huge range of, easy-to-use search tools and descriptive hotel profiles, you'll find Oberhausen (North Rhine-Westphalia) hotel deals in a wink. Booked.net enables you to filter your search in North Rhine-Westphalia by proximity to public transport and tourist places. Start searching and get booking!
Budget hotels in Oberhausen (North Rhine-Westphalia)
The 3-star budget Hotel Haus Union is a casual, yet elegant choice that features a golf course, hiking and cycling as well as room rates at 78US$. You will find Ferienwohnung Yvonne just a stone's throw from Besucherzentruim im Landschaftspark Duisburg Nord.. Hotel Residenz Oberhausen is an affordable choice that is a 5-minute walk from Oberhausen train station.
Proximity to public transport
Hotelik Gdanska is a comfy apartment within walking distance to Oberhausen Central railway station.
Convenience of staying in the city center
To avoid long rides to get to the city center, book Stadt-Gut-Hotel Zum Rathaus, an upscale choice with free parking and a free private carpark, situated 650 meters away.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
For those with a taste for luxury, the 4-star Parkhotel Oberhausen has beautifully appointed rooms and Best Western Parkhotel Restaurant nearby.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Hotel Yans is a cozy apartment in the center of the city located 400 meters from Zum Uerige-Treff. Those who are seeking comfy B&Bs can stop by Gasometer Oberhausen, where they will find Centro Apartment Klein with a tennis court, a golf course and diving. For a family holiday, check out B&B Hotel Oberhausen Am Centro, a kid-friendly hotel that comes with a free private carpark and complimentary parking.
Relatively new German town Oberhausen, located in the Ruhr Area, received the name in 1847 and a city status in 1874. Until the 90s the city was a center of the mining and steel production. Nowadays, its mills and mines keep silent, some of them transformed into monuments and cultural centers. For example, the Zinkfabrik Altenberg (zinc factory) became a part of Rhineland Industry Museum and a popular place for the different conferences and cultural events. You should pay a visit to the famous landmark of the city, Gasometer Oberhausen. The largest European disc-type gas holder is a part of the European Route of Industrial Heritage. Constructed between 1927 and 1929, the monument to the industrial past of the city now serves as an unusual exhibition hall.
Enjoy the industrial museums of Oberhausen and its outstanding shopping facilities. Save money on the hotel booking with Booked.net and spend more in the shops of the city. From the cheapest hotels in Oberhausen to the most luxurious ones you will find the best deals at Booked.net.
At the beginning of the 20th century Oberhausen’s mining and steel production made it a very rich city. Walking in the city center you can easily recognize the industrial wealth in many expensive buildings remained from those times. Enjoy the city’s luxurious shops and outstanding restaurants on Lngemarkstrasse or head directly for the Europe’s largest shopping complex – the tremendous CentrO with marvelous architecture, more than 200 shops and the broad variety of restaurants and cafes. On the territory of the CentrO complex you will find fantastic amusement park with the roller coaster, adventure playground and many other attractions for the children and adults. Don’t miss the famous Gasometer Oberhaus in a short walk from the CentrO.
- Sea Life Center will take you into the fabulous world of underwater life. The main focus of attention is the huge seawater aquarium with a 20m long glass tunnel. The center is well-known for its world-famous inhabitant, psychic octopus Paul who used to correctly predict the winner of all eight matches in 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- The Oberhausen Gasometer is the most famous landmark in the city. An industrial monument serves as home to many events and exhibitions. Its current exhibition, dedicated to the wonders of the Solar system, is a project of the European Capital of Culture RUHR.2010.
- Oberhausen Castle is the palace built in the neo-classical style, which gave the name to the railway station and the town in 1846. The Castle houses the Ludwig Gallery, the collection of modern and popular art and the memorial hall.
- Zinkfabrik Altenberg, the zinc factory in the past, is a part of Rheinisches Industriemuseum.
- Burg Vondern is a significant example of late Gothic style. The marvelous building dates back to the 17th century.
- The largest German shopping complex CentrO and the theme park CentrOpark are the must-visit.
Oberhausen is the home to the two very special events. Since 2005 every year Ruhr Marathon attracts up to the 35,000 runners. The city offers broad programme of entertainments all along the route of competition. Another famous event is International Short Film Festival Oberhausen that takes place since 1954. Among the great directors that took part in the festival are George Lucas, Martin Scorsese, Werner Herzog and Wim Wenders.
Lively Oberhausen with the outstanding attractions and bustling shopping life is an interesting place to visit. Plan your journey wisely with the help of Booked.net. In the vast database on our website you will find the cheap hotel in Oberhausen or the luxury one at the lowest price possible.