Your booking experience in Essen
If you are looking for a high-end accommodation for your next journey in North Rhine-Westphalia, we are happy to provide you with the best Essen hotel deals. Booked.net enables you to narrow your search in North Rhine-Westphalia by services and hotel brands. We’ve got business and spa hotels with a large list of facilities and services along with other attractive accommodation options which provide you with an ideal base for exploring.
Budget hotels in Essen
If you're on the hunt for a low-cost stay, check out Bildungshotel with rates starting from 67US$ or Hotel-Restaurant Schmachtenbergshof where prices start at 99US$. Hotel Fabritz is an affordable choice that is directly adjacent to FCUK Yoga Bar and offers room rates from 62US$.
Proximity to public transport
For early morning flights, you may wish to stay near Greven airport, so Landkomfort Hotel Grosse Drieling is a convenient solution. City Hotel Essen is a 3-star alternative, about 10 minutes from Berliner Platz U-Bahn metro station. Near Essen Central train station you will find Art Hotel Korschen, which offers a 3-star accommodation with a sauna, an indoor swimming pool and a solarium.
Convenience of staying in the city center
Staying somewhere like Petul Apart Hotel City Premium or Top Ccl Essener Hof will put you in a central location. If you would like to stay in a neighborhood near restaurants like Maredo, book a hotel in Stadtkern district, such as Intercityhotel Essen or Novum Select Hotel Handelshof Essen.
Consider Boutique 019 Essen City, a 3-star hotel within 10 minutes' walking distance of Kreuzeskirche. If you're planning to visit Philharmonie Essen, think of staying at Motel One Essen or Novum Hotel Ambassador.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
Best Western Hotel Ypsilon is a stylish 4-star property that is within walking distance of Fair Essen. An upscale accommodation option is Boutique-Hotel & Boardinghouse Georges, located near Grugapark Botanical Garden, which offers a classy atmosphere of a boutique hotel. Holiday Inn Express Essen - City Centre is a fancy chain hotel within walking distance of fairgrounds and shopping centres.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Hotel Landhaus Knappmann is a great B&B with views of the garden, located within a short walk of LVR-Industriemuseum. For business purposes, you might like to stay at Astoria City Resort that offers a sauna and a sundeck. Hotel Am Schloss Borbeck is a popular resort with cycling, billiards and darts for an unforgettable stay.
Busy cosmopolitan with the office skyscrapers at the heart and bustling shopping life, Essen is a large German industrial city.
Its significant contribution to coal mining industry reflects in the most popular tourist attraction of the city, the Zollverein Industrial Complex. The most beautiful coal mine in the world is on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. In addition to the important industrial monument the Complex houses Ruhrmuseum and Red Dot Design Museum, and it’s a popular scene for the Essen’s cultural events. You should also visit Villa Hügel, another industrial attraction of the city. The palace-like former residence of the Krupp manufacturing family nowadays houses a unique collection of art.
Famous for its extraordinary museums, outstanding collections and fabulous events, Essen is a catch for the visitors. Make your journey to Essen unforgettable with the help of Booked.net. Find the cheapest hotels in Essen or the most luxurious ones at the lowest price at Booked.net
You will be surprised how many cultural attractions are waiting for you in the city of steel and coal. Right in the center of the city you will find early Gothic Essen Cathedral constructed on the foundations of the first Essen collegiate church built in the 9th century. The Cathedral Treasury houses the most precious heritage of the city, the treasures from the Ottonian times. Collection include: Golden Madonna of Essen, the oldest sculpture of Madonna, which dates back to 980 and gem-studded childhood crown of Emperor Otto III (983 – 1002).
Other attractions include;
- Old Synagogue was erected in 1913 by the Essen’s Jewish community. In 1938 it was burned out during the progrom night. Since 1980 the Synagogue has been restored and now it is a memorial devoted to the Jewish culture.
- Folkwang Museum in Essen houses the most important 19th and 20th century art collection in the Ruhr area. Enjoy the world-class masterpieces of the great artists such as Van Gogh, Renoir, Monet, Cézanne, Picasso, Gauguin and Dali. Do we need to go on?
- The Red Dot Design Museum, located in the Zollverein Industrial Complex, contains an outstanding collection devoted to contemporary design. Collection include: cars, furniture, watches, mobile phones and many other interesting exhibits.
- The Ruhrmuseum is one of the oldest museums in the Ruhr area. The museum contains enthralling exhibitions covering natural and cultural history of the Ruhr area.
- Aalto Theatre, which opened its doors in 1988, has a fascinating asymmetric design. The theatre is home to the famous Essen Opera performing outstanding opera and ballet.
- Beautiful Gruga Park is one of the biggest parks in Germany. It offers you flower terraces, tropical greenhouses, botanical gardens and much more for the family entertainment.
Don’t miss the fabulous event of the city, The Essen Festival of Lights. From the late October to the beginning of January the city is dressed up in the colorful light bulbs, the theme is different every year. The city reminds of fairytale even more when you walk through Essen’s Christmas market with the delicious treats and numerous Christmas gifts for every taste.
Home of the outstanding museums, collections of a great value, fantastic opera, Essen is a tourist’s must-see. Plan your journey to Essen wisely with the help of Booked.net. Save money on the direct booking of the cheapest hotels in Essen or the most luxurious ones at our website.