Your booking experience in Guanajuato
We are happy to provide you with fine accommodation for your next holiday in Guanajuato. Booked.net has a huge array of family hotels, apartments and B&Bs in Guanajuato, searches for places to stay in the most memorable cities of Mexico and offers different prices from 13US$. Our website has search filters which you may find very useful when looking for 5-star hotels and places to stay in Guanajuato not far from tourist attractions. We’ve got business and spa hotels with a large list of facilities and services as well as other attractive accommodation options that give you a perfect base for exploring.
Budget hotels in Guanajuato
Proximity to public transport
Convenience of staying in the city center
First-time visitors to Guanajuato should consider a stay in the city centre, which houses 13 hotels for any budget, such as El Zopilote Mojado. Hotel Santa Regina will put you within walking distance of restaurants, casinos and cafés, being situated just in the heart of the city.
Hotel Chocolate is situated within walking distance of a basilica, a church and a theatre as well as Alley of the Kiss Callejon del Beso. A convenient place to stay near Casa de los Lamentos would be Camino Real Guanajuato, which is situated in Guanajuato and is only a 5-minute walk away from El Xilote restaurant.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
Edelmira Hotel Boutique is a posh 4-star hotel situated close to Museo de las Momias de Guanajuato. The 4-star Hotel Suites Mexico Plaza Guanajuato is a boutique hotel that offers a relaxing ambience and proximity to gardens and hills. Another 4-star option is Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, a chain hotel which has free self-parking, an indoor swimming pool and a golf course.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Those who are seeking comfy B&Bs can stop by Guanajuato School of Mines, where they will find Torre Cantero with free private parking and complimentary parking. Business travellers visiting Guanajuato could book a stay at Hotel Molino Del Rey to be within 1000 metres of the centre. Villa Maria Cristina is a popular resort to stay in Guanajuato, it comes with an indoor swimming pool, a rooftop terrace and a patio as well as views of the sea.
It was the beginning of a new civilization.
Established more than 400 years ago when the first stone of Guanajuato city was laid by Spanish conquistadors, charmed by the natural beauty of this land and its rich soils, they intended to challenge the pride of Spain - Toledo. In the conquered lands of Central America they decided to build a city of even more grandeur.
This ambitious plan was largely a success. It is hard to argue which of the cities is more beautiful. One thing is certain: Guanajuato makes a strong impression.
See with your own eyes one of the most charming places in Mexico, the city of Guanajuato which was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Booked.net can offer you a wide range of accommodation in Guanajuato hotels. From cheap to luxury hotels in Guanajuato check out our listings.
Once you are in the city, you can visit:
- Alhondiga de Granadistas built in 1799 as a granary, later the building was used as a prison and fort, the gates of which were demolished by a folk hero “El Pipila”
- Virgin Mary Basilica - stores the image of the Virgin Mary, patroness of Guanajuato, inlaid with precious stones
- Gabriel de Barrera Hacienda is a museum today and an excellent place for spending time as this magnificent colonial mansion is surrounded by sprawling gardens
- Rule and Valencia Mansion was built in the style of neoclassical Francisco Eduardo Tresgueresom in the late 18th century by Conde de Rule, a wealthy mine owner
- Piazza San Roque - in the southwestern part of the square there is the church of the same name
- Statue of the Christ the Almighty - 20-foot bronze statue of Christ the Almighty was placed in 1950 on de Kubilete hilltop 15km from Guanajuato. It is believed that the statue is located exactly in the geographical center of Mexico
- Valenciana Mine has been extracting 20 percent of the world’s silver over 250 years.
Surrounded by low mountains, with its neat houses often painted in bright colors, narrow streets and alleyways and many old colonial buildings is a city of a unique charm – Guanajuato.
Let it charm you with Booked.net.