Acapulco is one of the world’s famous resorts and Mexico’s largest city.
Located on the Pacific coast, the city has the most gorgeous beaches in Mexico proving a lure to the rich and famous from Hollywood celebrities to millionaires. Acapulco is divided into two parts by the Papagayo River: the north area – the older part of town and the south bay – the modern area. If you fancy seeing the main square and promenade along the sea front you should head for the ‘traditional’ Acapulco.
Hardly ever you will see anyone walking in the south part of the city, where the majority drive expensive cars and golf carts. It is quite common in Acapulco to associate the ‘Old city’ with middle class Mexicans, whereas the ‘New part’ with the upper class oversees visitors.
To help you save on Acapulco hotels, Booked.net offers a wide range of cost-effective options. For those who want to experience a luxury lifestyle of Acapulco, Booked.net has a great selection of highly appreciated Acapulco hotels.
Although most of the tourists who visit Acapulco come to enjoy the city’s extensive night life, there are a number of sights to be seen. They include:
- Zocalo – the main square of the city located in its ‘traditional’ part
- Catedral Nuestra Señora de la Soledad, a famous cathedral built in 1616 as a movie set
- San Diego Fort, ancient construction built to protect the city from pirates, which turned into a historical Museum of the city
- House of Masks which offers a great collections of masks from all over the world
- Botanic garden with wide range of plants available for your viewing pleasure
- A number of golf courses to play, such as Acapulco Princess and Pierre Marques course
You could make the most of your time by going sea for sailing or fishing, very common activities in Acapulco. The blue waters of Pacific will undoubtedly make this part of your trip unforgettable. If you prefer more extreme activities, you could watch the competition of cliff divers who jump from the highest cliffs deep into the ocean (a so called la Quebrada Cliff Divers).
In all regards, Acapulco is an absolutely gorgeous place that must be seen. You could make your trip more comfortable and convenient by using the services of Booked.net services. Book with Booked.net and ensure your stay is good value for money.