The capital of Morelos State in Mexico, Cuernavaca is located on the slope of the volcanic mountain range Sierra de Chichinautzin. It is a tropical city with vast history. Here you can see grand palaces, the ruins of old sugar cane factories, cathedrals in colonial Spanish style and much more. The city has numerous gardens and parks, golf courses, spas and other recreation facilities. Top quality hotels and high class shops are in abundance. It is definitely a majestic city that will take you to the Mexico’s pre-colonial history and unrivalled natural beauty.
There are plenty of hotels located in different parts of Cuernavaca. It is worth booking with Booked.net, where you can find full description of hotels for affordable prices. In addition, various cost-effective options are also available on our website.
As was mentioned, Cuernavaca is a historic spot with wide range of things to see and do for any taste. Major sights include:
- The Palacio de Cortés built in 1535 in Renaissance style is a majestic palace that used to be a residence of the Spanish conqueror Hernán Cortés. This famous palace also served as a church, prison and a government hall. Nowadays, the palace houses a museum and a gallery. A great collection of historical objects is on display in its 19 rooms
- The Juárez and Morelos Gardens located in the central part of the city. You can also find the State Government Palace and a stone statue of José María Morelos here. On the city’s oldest square - Juárez Garden you can watch various performances, people dancing and singing
- The Cathedral of Cuernavaca constructed in the 16th century and the San José chapel next to it. The church served as an important Franciscan monastery
- Teopanzolco which dates back to 1250 – 1521. This archaeological zone comprises two pyramids and different platforms served as altars in the Early Aztec period
- El Castillito museum devoted to antique photographs of Cuernavaca.
There are so much more gorgeous places to go to in Cuernavaca. The Borda Garden with numerous fountains and fruit trees, leisure facilities and even offices is an awesome place for a stroll. The Museum of Traditional and Herbal Medicine is an interesting place to visit. You will get an insight into how to make soap, textiles and other things from plants. You will also see different plants grouped according to their usage. The Chapultepec Ecological Park is another perfect place for a long promenade. Here you will find several playgrounds, a small zoo, environment museum, theater and much more. It is also a great spot for a family picnic. In Cuernavaca you can also see a waterfall - Salto de San Antón, which is 36m in hieght and is definitely worth a look.
Book your hotel with Booked.net and make the most of your trip. Any type of hotel can be found on Booked.net. Whether you are looking for a budget place to stay or a flashy hotel, Booked.net is the place to search.