Wisconsin Dells lies in south-central Wisconsin, on the Wisconsin River.
The city is famous for the Lake Delton and is often referred to as ‘the Dells’. The city houses numerous waterparks leading it to be considered the world’s waterpark capital. Apart from various attractions, tourists flock to the city to enjoy its stunning nature, gorgeous cliffs and rock formations. Back in 1875, H H Bennett, a local photographer established a studio in Wisconsin Dells and made his living by taking photos of the city’s landscapes. Once pictures were distributed across the United States, the city became a destination for sightseers. Currently, the city houses a number of peaceful spots far from the boisterous city center. So, if you are looking for a peaceful lake-side resort with lots of opportunities to spend time, Wisconsin Dells might be the right place for you.
Wisconsin Dells hotels are numerous. Booked.net has a great selection of hotels in Wisconsin Dells from economical options to luxury hotels for any budget or taste.
Wisconsin Dells has a number of sites to see across the city. Major tourist attractions include;
- Dells auto museum with vintage cars dating back to 1900s exhibited
- Museum of historic torture devices from Roman crucifixion to European inquisition
- Riplay’s believe it or not museum where bizarre things and records of strange events are featured
- Christmas Mountain located within 10 minutes' drive from the city, where you can ski and snowboard
- H H Bennett Studio where you can get an insight into the life of the 19th century photographer Bennett
- Tommy Bartlett's Thrill Show, a family-type attraction, offering a water-ski show
You should definitely visit some of the famous waterparks. For instance, the biggest waterpark in the country Noah’s Ark, as well as the biggest water and entertainment park in the US, Mt Olympus Water & Theme Park. Wisconsin Dells is also a perfect place to play golf and mini golf or go horse riding. It is worth taking a boat trip on the upper and lower Dells of the River for a picturesque view of the city. Wisconsin Deer Park is a great place to attend with children. If you fancy watching a play, Rick Wilcox Theater is renowned for great comedies and family performances.
There is no need to go further than Booked.net when looking for Wisconsin Dells hotels. On the website you will find various offers, with full description of hotels, photos and guests’ reviews.