Clarksville is a city in Tennessee located in Montgomery County.
Tennessee’s history dates back to 1868 when it was surveyed by Thomas Hutchins. The city, however, was founded in 1784 on the confluence of the Cumberland and Red Rivers. Clarksville is currently renowned for being the most historic spot of the south. Clarksville houses a number of great museums, various entertainment facilities and holds boisterous annual festivals. Clarksville downtown has a unique architecture from 1950s, restored brick sidewalks, benches and planters which altogether create a hospitable atmosphere.
Clarksville houses various hotels mainly in the city centre. However it is worth booking them quite in advance. Booked.net offers you a wide range of option from low-cost to luxury to meet any budget and preferences.
There is a number of remarkable sights in Clarksville. The most visited tourist attractions include;
- Historic Collinsville is a restored settlement with the 19th century buildings. Although it takes 30 minutes to get to Historic Collinsville from the centre, the drive is very much worth it. You will see the best countryside scenery in Montgomery County
- Don F Pratt Memorial Museum records history from the World War II period to Operation Iraqi Freedom. The museum displays aircraft and different military equipment used at that time
- Customs House Museum & Cultural Center holds various permanent and rotating exhibits, as well as provides entertainment for children
- Mabel Larson Gallery displays art works from the University's art collections
- Smith-Trahern Mansion constructed in 1858 by wealthy tobacconist, the building is a fusion Greek Revival and Italianate styles. It also famous due to its splendid interior
The city’s downtown houses various antique shops and boutiques. At the local restaurants you can try any cuisine from American to European. Fancy a nice promenade? Cumberland RiverWalk is a 15-acre park which leads to the historic downtown Clarksville. On its territory you can also find various historical displays, a playground and picnic areas. For wine tasters, Beachaven Winery offers free tours and tastings. The winery is a famous producer of award wining wines and champagnes. If you want to watch a play, Clarksville's oldest professional theatre, the Roxy Regional Theatre is the place to go.
There is no need to go further than Booked.net to find a Clarksville hotel. Various hotels with full description, photos and guests’ reviews are available on the website.