Bloomington strikes a balance between natural and urban influences.
Full of lakes and parks with wooden benches scattered throughout, Bloomington’s green space is tempered with culture. However, museums, festivals and concerts, all take a back seat to the country's most popular attraction - The Mall of America.
Bloomington is small, but very rich with culture. You can rely on Booked.net to organize your stay. Be it a room in cheap hotel in Bloomington to one packed with luxuries all are available at our website. Check them out with maps, photos and secure forms.
In fact, the Mall of America is the largest of its kind in the United States. This is a playground for more than 40 million visitors surpassing the world’s premier natural landscape of the Grand Canyon and outclassing the fun-filled Disney Land. Thriving on tourist interest, the Mall of America transformed the sleepy town between Minneapolis and St Paul into an explosive mix of best shopping and striking attractions.
- The Mall of America, the largest indoor amusement park with hundreds of stores and world-class restaurants
- Normandale Japanese Garden, a two-acre oasis of unbelievable beauty
- Bloomington Historical Museum features displays, exhibits and artefacts depicting the city's history
- Park at MOA, the seven acre amusement park in the city center
- Bloomington Art Center, located in the Bloomington Civic Plaza since 1976 and treasures artwork from local and regional artists
Inveterate gamblers should take a 10-minute drive to the Mystic Lake Casino to indulge in blackjack, slot machines and card playing, while culture buffs can soak up a dose of history.
Bloomington was brought to life with the Oak Grove Mission illegally established by new comers Gideon and Samuel Pond. Since then the area was opened to settlers and the small town of Bloomington with ferry services began to take shape. By 1858 it was officially designated a city along with Minnesota was given statehood. Today Bloomington sustains itself through commerce and service-based business.
Even though the hotel business was among the first service industries in the city with Half-way House established in the area, today Bloomington offers a variety of other hotels to book with Booked.net.