BELFAST is the capital and the largest city in Northern Ireland.
It lies on Ireland's eastern coast and is surrounded by hills in the northwest. Belfast is located at the mouth of the River Lagane, while Belfast Lough has become renowned for its shipbuilding industry. The ill-fated Titanic was built in Belfast by Harland and Wolff, the world’s largest shipyard at the time. Belfast has grown rapidly from being a market town to an industrial city. The city’s architectural style reflects that transformation. Belfast houses Edwardian and Victorian style buildings, along with modern structures.
Belfast hotels are numerous. To make the right choice, search for Belfast hotels on Booked.net. On the website you will find a range of hotels to meet your budget and preferences.
There are lots of interesting sights to see while in Belfast. The most visited tourist attractions include;
- Saint Anne's Cathedral is a stunning building located in the middle of the ‘Cathedral Quarter’. There are various cafes, bars and different small galleries in the area
- Belfast Castle constructed in 1870 and restored in 1988 is one of the major landmarks of the city. Here you can get a picturesque view of the city from Cave Hill
- Belfast Exposed is the only photo gallery in Northern Ireland
- Belfast Print Workshop and Gallery where you can find a decent collection of local artists’ works
- Ulster Museum records the history of Irish conflict and a great collection of art
- Belfast Central Library built in Victorian style, is renowned for complete archives of all Northern Irish newspapers
Belfast’s Botanic Gardens located in the heart of the city, is definitely worth a stroll. The Gardens house a Tropical Ravine, rose gardens and jungle glen. Some other great areas for promenades include the Cave Hill Country Park, Lagan Valley Regional Park and Colin Glen. These parks usually hold some famous events, such as Rose Week festival, bird watching evenings and others. If you are travelling with children, Belfast Zoo is the place to visit. This is a home to over 1,200 animals of 140 species. For shopping, please go to Royal Avenue, which is the main shopping area in Belfast. Otherwise, Cornmarket offer a wide selection of high street retail shops. Among other interesting ways to spend time, you can take a Titanic Boat Tour around the area the famous ship was built.
Booked.net will assist you in finding the best Belfast hotel to meet your expectations. Please have a look at Belfast hotels for full information, photos and guests’ reviews.