Palermo is a city located in Southern part of Italy and northwestern part of Sicily on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
The city is more than 2,700 years old and is one of the renowned cultural centers of Italy. Being one of the warmest cities in the Mediterranean, Palermo attracts visitors throughout the year.
Palermo hotels are numerous and vary in prices and facilities. Booked.net will assist you in finding the best Palermo hotel to suit your budget and preferences. On the website you can find a wide range of hotels from low-cost options to luxury hotels.
Palermos’ ancient history is reflected in every building. It has numerous cathedrals, churches and stunning squares. Major tourist attractions are:
- Palermo Cathedral, a majestic cathedral built in 1185, which is the city's main church nowadays. Its architecture is a fusion of various styles due to multiple additions occurred long after the main building was erected.
- Martorana Church overlooking Bellini Square has a stunning mosaics interior in byzantine style.
- Archeological Museum with the greatest collection of antiquities in Italy.
- Catacombs of the Capuchins where you can see thousands mummified people who used to live in Palermo centuries ago.
- Palace of the Normans, originally the seat of power of the Sicilian Kings. Its interior is decorated with wonderful mosaics and painted roofs.
- Gesu Church constructed in 1600s reflects the beginning of the Sicilian Baroque period.
Street markets are very common in Italy and can be found on Carmine and Vucciria squares. Pretoria Square is worth a stroll due to the stunning Pretoria Fountain built in 1555 by Francesco Camilliani, assisted by Michelangelo. If you have time, take a trip to Monreale located 10-minute drive from Palermo and get the most picturesque view of Palermo and the sea.
There is no need to go further than Booked.net when looking for Palermo hotel. Various options for affordable prices are available to you on Booked.net.