We also offer budget-conscious hostels such as Albergue Seminario Menor with a room rate from 14US$. For budget hotels in Santiago de Compostela, opt for a room at Hotel Avenida, an affordable hotel 1550 feet from the city center. You will find Hostal O Patron apartment just a stone's throw from A Ponte de Sar. To find particularly cheap prices, look for hotels in City Center district, like Hotel Airas Nunes with rates starting from 74US$.
- Price: low to high
- Price: high to low
- Guest rating: high to low
- Popularity: high to low
Where to stay in Santiago de Compostela?
Best cheap hotels in Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela airports & Subway stations
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
Staying at Hotel Bonaval or Hostal Mapoula P.R. Will place you at a reasonable distance from Santiago de Compostela's city center. If you are planning your first visit to Santiago de Compostela, consider staying downtown in a hotel like Hotel Alda San Carlos, which is relatively close to a castle, a cathedral and a museum.
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Santiago de Compostela
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
If you're planning on visiting Santiago de Compostela with your family, select apartments next to Campus Universitario Norte, such as Apartamentos Domus Stellae or Pension Da Estrela. Guests planning to visit City Center district may want to book a room at Pr Nimo, with rates from 54US$. If you would like a hotel with business facilities, choose Hotel Miradoiro De Belvis, which offers room rates from 59US$ and is a 10-minute walk from the city center. Nest Style Santiago is a resort hotel placed 10 minutes' walk from the downtown of Santiago de Compostela and near Museo de Historia Natural Luis Iglesias.
City Guide: Discover the best of Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela is a “Christian Mecca”.
There is a legend about how the Apostle James the Elder, a disciple and close friend of Christ, came to preach the Gospel to one of the outlying Roman provinces of Spain. Upon his return to Palestine, he was beheaded by Herod. His remains were laid by faithful disciples in a boat and floated out to sea, his body was later miraculously thrown ashore at the mouth of the river near the present city.
The remains of the Apostle James were buried in the city cathedral. Therefore, the city since early medieval times is the third holiest site of the Catholic world (after Rome and Jerusalem), the center of the Catholic archdiocese and pilgrimage destination and the route of the famous Way of St James which covers the whole of Europe.
Santiago de Compostela’s numerous hotels listed at booked.net offer tourists’ comfortable accommodation at reasonable prices. From cheap to luxury Santiago de Compostela hotels you’ll find them listed at Booked.net.
Once there you can enjoy walking along the streets of the historic city center which are framed by porticoes, linking architectural monuments in a single ensemble. The sights worth seeing are:
- The Santiago Cathedral - an outstanding example of Spanish Romanesque architecture (about 1080-1211), in the 17th and 18th centuries, the facade was rebuilt in Baroque style, as well as the Royal Hospital, now - the hotel “Parador de Santiago de Compostela”
- The 16th century monasteries Pinar San Martin and San Pelayo which sell cakes and lemon cakes baked by nuns
- Palace Gelmires, Casa del Cabildo, San Fix, Santa Maria Salome and the remarkable church of Santo Domingo de Bonaval, where the remains of the poet Rosalia de Castro lie
- The University, founded in 1525
- Museum of Ethnography (Museo de Pobo Galego) gives an overall impression of the life and history of the Galicia. Boats, fishing equipment, tools, small artisans, wicker baskets, lace, household items, local clogs. Special attention should be paid to a triple helical staircase, one of the masterpieces of the architect Domingo de Andrade
- There is an archaeological museum, the Museum of Carpets (Spanish and Flemish tapestries, created from drawings by F. Goya and Paul Rubens)
The city has more than 40 historical monuments. But do not despair: the most significant ones are located around the cathedral. As for rest, use Booked.net to find the perfect hotel for you to recuperate before exploring again. The locals say: “Here every stone speaks”.