Benalmadena is one of the most famous resorts on the Costa del Sol, well-known for its wonderful 9km of beaches.
Benalmadena is split into two sections with Benalmadena Costa the part of most interest to the many tourists who visit this popular Costa del Sol resort every year. The resort lies 15km south west of Malaga airport between the resorts of Fuengirola and Torremolinos.
Benalmadena Costa is a purpose-built coastal resort along the coast which climbs steeply up into mountains behind. In the early 90’s a magnificent marina was built in Benalmadena. Thousands of pleasure boats, yachts and boats can be moored there at the same time. The marina is the focal point for Benalmadena's social scene and is central to the resort.
Whether you plan to stay in luxurious hotel or are looking for economy accommodation, Booked.net can offer hotels in Benalmadena to match every wish.
Among attractions in Benalmadena worth seeing are:
- Castillo de Bil Bil - a red building in the Moorish style built in the 1930s and recently renovated and is now used as a platform for exhibitions, concerts and other cultural events.
- The city park La Paloma with a lake and pelicans
- Amusement Park Selwo Marina with dolphins, penguins and tropical birds
- Tivoli World is an amusement park, the only amusement park on the Costa del Sol
- The cable car: you can explore the area from a bird's-eye view
- Archaeological museum: a large part of the collection was presented by one Mexican anthropologist
- Arena for bullfighting - battles are held on Sunday evenings
In Benalmadena numerous entertainments will not let you get bored either during a day or at night. Numerous restaurants and pubs, whose owners and personnel are British and Irish will give you the impression of being in Misty Albion.
Experience Benalmadena with Booked.net.