An elegant city on the north coast of Spain, Santander is the gem of the Spanish tourism industry.
You will be charmed by refined beauty of the old historic city center and outstanding beaches. In the city you will be amazed by the marvelous buildings such as imposing Palacio de la Magdalena, which used to serve as summer residence for the royal family, and magnificent Gran Casino del Sardinero, one of the symbols of the city; fantastic museums, including Municipal Museum of Arts and Maritime Museum of Cantabria; and a handful of attractive beaches. Santander will fascinate the gourmets with the variety of restaurants offering Spanish, French, Italian, Indian, Japanese and American cuisine. Whatever you choose, don’t miss the delicious Santander’s ice cream.
In Santander you can find a place to stay in the old city-center or next to the beach. Booked.net will help you choose the best hotels in Santander at the lowest price on the web. Book the cheapest hotels in Santander or the most luxurious ones and save money with Booked.net
Don’t hesitate and set off on a city tour, where you will encounter numerous attractions. You can rent a bicycle for the day and enjoy the beauties of Santander with more comfort. Make a stop at the monumental gothic Cathedral, one of the oldest buildings in the city and is well worth visiting. Opposite the cathedral you will find Plaza Porticada where you can do some shopping. From here walk to Plaza del Generalisimo with the town hall and la Esperanza market. Visit numerous museums of Santander and if you get tired of the urban beauties, explore the beaches of Sardinero, spreading from the Peninsula of Magdalena to Matalenas. El Sardinero is one of the most elegant beach resorts in Spain and is very popular among the tourists; from here you’ll also be able to see famous Palace of Magdalena.
- The Gran Casino del Sardinero was built in 1916 in neoclassical style. It has gambling rooms, restaurants and bars, a showroom with the works of art. Casino also organizes cultural and sport events
- Municipal Museum of Arts houses collections of the Spanish, Italian, Flemish and French works of art from the 15th to 20th centuries
- Museo Maritimo del Cantabrico is the four-floor maritime museum with the amazing displays of marine biology and maritime history, aquarium and the 60-tonne whale skeleton
- The Lighthouse of Cabo Mayor is situated on a cliff of rocks above the ocean. Built in 1839, it is the oldest lighthouse in Cantabria. The Cabo Mayor Park is a wonderful place for a walk
- Park of Magdalena is a very popular place thanks to the small zoo and, of course, the beautiful Royal Palace of la Magdalena, which is definitely a must-see
Every year the festivals in Santander attract citizens and numerous tourists from around the world. Don’t miss the most interesting ones such as Cavalcade of Magi with the fantastic parade of coaches; Cantabria Children’s Day with the ancient fighting and rural sports; and the Bonfires of Saint John, popular Spanish festival, which in Santander takes place in the second beach of El Sardinero.
Santander is the city of rich history and culture, refined cuisine and joyous festivals. Make your trip unforgettable with the help of Booked.net. We will help you book the cheapest hotel in Santander or the most luxurious one at the lowest possible price.