Pamplona is the capital city in the middle of Navarre, Spain. It lies in the Cuenca de Pamplona valley, just an hour drive to San Sebastián and a few hours train trip to Madrid. The city has become popular due to the San Fermín festival, mentioned in the ‘Sun Also Rises’ written by Ernest Hemingway. Pamplona has a significant cultural heritage, numerous parks and green areas. Taconera park belongs to the oldest in the city, established in the 17th century. A few buildings remained in Pamplona dating back to medieval times. The city has a number of old nice quarters which contribute to the charming atmosphere of this Spanish city.
Pamplona hotels are numerous. To make the right choice, search for Pamplona hotels on Booked.net. On the website you will find a range of hotels to meet your budget and preferences.
There are lots of interesting sights to see while in Halifax. The most visited tourist attractions include:
- Gothic Cathedral constructed in the 14th century houses a beautiful cloister. Absolutely stunning facade of the cathedral was built by Ventura Rodriguez, architect of King Charles III.
- Museo de Navarra exposes Roman artifacts, 2nd century mosaics, murals, as well as Gothic and Renaissance paintings.
- Royal Palace of Olite erected on the ruins of the ancient Roman Praesidium of Oligitum. The palace used to be the residence of the Navarran kings.
- Saint Sernin erected in the 13th century, it is one of the largest Gothic churches in the city. Another one of this kind is Saint Nicholas dating back to the same period.
- Saint Dominic, a Gothic church constructed in the 16th century.
- Saint Peter palace a former house for Navarrese kings and Pamplonese bishops, as well as the military governors of Navarre.
For a nice promenade, make it to Taconera park lined with parterres and sculptures. Another optio is the Media Luna park, in the northern part of the town. Yamaguchi park is renowned for a Japanese garden. Some nice medieval bridges worth seeing include Santa Engracia, Miluce, and San Pedro. There are some outstanding Baroque-style buildings in Pamplona, such as Palace of Navarre, town hall, Episcopal palace and the Baptist seminary. Castillo square is a nice place for a stroll, as well as shopping and dining. Built in 1847, this area of Pamplona is famous for narrow old streets extending outwards from the square. Calle Estafeta located nearby is the spot for bulls running during San Fermín festival.
Booked.net will assist you in finding the best Pamplona hotel to meet your expectations. Please have a look at Pamplona hotels for full information, photos and guests’ reviews.