Amsterdam is the city of antiques, diamonds, tulips, ongoing parties and vast history. It is A place where everyone can find whatever they are looking for. Amsterdam is the capital and the largest city in the Netherlands and one of the most visited destinations in Europe. From its numerous canals with boats rowing along it, flower markets, innumerable boutiques, a broad spectrum of cultural sights, you will be charmed by this Dutch city. Once you get to Amsterdam, you will be fascinated by the host of canals with 1280 bridges which truly make Amsterdam ‘The Venice of the North’.
Amsterdam offers a great number of hotels located in different parts of the city, but Booked.net can make choosing the best motel for you easy. In the extensive database of Booked.net you could find everything from cost-effective options to luxury hotels.
Being the cultural heart of Holland, Amsterdam was just recently included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. It has numerous cultural sights to be seen. World famous museums and galleries could be found here. The major sights include:
- Rijksmuseum – the largest museum in Netherlands, which offers an unrivalled collection of classical Dutch art
- Van Gogh museum which exhibits the greatest masterpieces of Van Gogh
- Stedelijk museum which has the largest collection of modern art in Amsterdam
- Oude Kerk – old church with tower made in the Gothic-renaissance style
- Dam Square which is associated with great history of Amsterdam
- Rembrandtplein and Leidseplein squares that are undoubtedly centers of leisure and entertainment in Amsterdam. Best night clubs, restaurants, pubs and shops are all here
- Red Light district which is notable all over the world and creates a party atmosphere for anyone who gets there
If you happen to look for a supermarket, find the Albert Cuypmarkt – Europe’s famous outdoor market. If you fancy classical music, make it to the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra. Should you have time for a theatre, visit the Stadsschouwburg Amsterdam – the major theatre in the city. You could pop by at some cabarets to capture the essence of this integral part of Amsterdam’s night life.