Your booking experience in Saarbruecken
When you book Saarbruecken accommodation with booked.net, you will find heaps of affordable options. Booking a hotel in Saarland is a breeze with us and you are sure not to be disappointed!
Budget hotels in Saarbruecken
For budget lodging, choose Hotel Kaiserhof, which comes at 71US$ per night, or Europa Hotel, which charges 65US$. In case you're on a tight budget, stay at Hotel Zur Klause, which is a 10-minute walk from Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Jakob.
Proximity to public transport
Consider the nearby Continental, an excellent hotel near Main Saarbrücken train station.
Convenience of staying in the city center
For travelers who would like to stay a little closer to the city centre, the 4-star Mercure Saarbruecken City with an outdoor swimming pool, a casino and a solarium is the ideal choice. Domicil Leidinger is less than 550 meters from the downtown area and offers cycling, a sundeck and a sunbathing terrace.
Consider staying in a hotel near Saarbrucken Old Town, such as Hotel Stadt Hamburg, which comes at 104US$ per night. Ibis Budget Saarbruecken Ost and Hotel Fahrhaus are good hotels situated near Heimatmuseum St. Arnual.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
Domaine Leidinger is a 4-star superior choice that puts you within a 10-minute walk distance of the city center.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Haus Am Wald is a cozy B&B that will put you only a 20-minute walk from Max Planck Institute for Informatics. If you are on holiday with your family, stay at Hotel Crystal or Hotel Meran Hallenbad & Sauna, which features facilities for the entire family. Make sure to choose Top Hotel La Residence near Stone Hill Ranch - a top-rated resort with views of the city.
German France or French Germany?
It’s for you to figure out in Saarbrücken. After so many years of war, border skirmishes, direct transition from hand to hand, partition, annexation, protectorates and referenda. Now Saar is the smallest land in Germany with only one major city - the capital of Saarbrücken.
The convenient transport location, mineral deposits known since ancient times, as well as numerous immigrants, workers, merchants, scholars, the wise rule of Count Wilhelm Friedrich von Nassau and Jewish influence, gave the city a second life in the early 18th century.
When you decide to visit this marvelous city booked.net will present you a concise guide of Saarbrücken hotels from cheaper hotels through to luxury offers.
The Saar River divides Saarbrücken into two parts with very different atmospheres: the historic part of the city has always been a government area and St Johann – not only full of shops but also art and culture places. When you visit Saarbrücken you cannot but visit:
- St Johann market square - lively display of city life where you can enjoy a drink in the many bars and pubs surrounding the square.
- Ludwig Square and Ludwig’s Church - historical square that forms a unique Baroque ensemble together with the surrounding the Palace and former civil servants’ houses.
- Gallery of Modern Art - the bright pavilions of the modern art gallery on the Saar embankment house works by Franz Marc, Pablo Picasso or Claude Monet as well as temporary exhibitions of international artists.
- Historical Museum Saar - Did you know, for example, that Saarbrücken was once on the verge of becoming Europe’s capital? If you want to know more, head for the Historical Museum Saar to learn about Saarland’s history from the early modern era to the 20th century.
- In addition, a bit of a sense of adventure can be had while visiting the underground casemates of the old Castle.
- Villeroy & Boch headquarters located in the former Benedictine Abbey of Mettlach houses “Keravision” exhibition which reviews over 260 years of Villeroy & Boch’s history with a presentation of the modern products.
- Gondwana – a prehistoric theme park (in the neighborhood of Saarbrücken) displays cutting-edge animation technology and sophisticated audiovisual effects that relive the course of 4.5 billion years of the History of the Earth.
Come to the Saar. The further it lies from the famous German tourist routes, the more interesting it is. It is impossible not to fall in love with this French-German land and Booked.net can make this love affair possible.