- Price: low to high
- Price: high to low
- Guest rating: high to low
- Popularity: high to low
- Pricefrom low to highfrom high to low
- Popularityfrom high to low
- Guest ratingfrom high to low
Where to stay in Saarbruecken?
Best cheap hotels in Saarbruecken
Saarbruecken airports & Subway stations
If you are planning day trips to Saarbruecken, choose a hotel close to Main Saarbrücken train station, such as Continental Saarbrucken.
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
Consider a hotel near Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Jakob, such as Europa Hotel which is also within walking distance of a church, a theater and a castle, so you can easily stroll from place to place. Ibis Saarbruecken City and Best Western Victor'S Residenz-Hotel Rodenhof are a few of the great short-stay options near Uhrengebaude.
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Saarbruecken
For a high-end stay in Saarbruecken, think about Mercure Hotel Saarbrucken City, a luxury hotel situated near Alte Sammlung and featuring a Jacuzzi, a rooftop terrace and a solarium. If you like comfort and coziness, think about booking a room at City-Hotel Kaiserhof which is within 10 minutes' walk of BBQ Donuts.
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
If you're visiting Saarbruecken, book a snug B&B near Skulptur mit vier Sitzmulden, such as Boardinghouse S' Johanner or Ferienwohnung Clauss Theisohn. If you're visiting Saarbruecken with your family, think about staying at a hotel such as Hotel Meran Hallenbad & Sauna or B&B Hotel Saarbrucken-Hbf. Hotel Madeleine Biohotel is an elegant resort hotel set less than a 20-minute walk from Alter judischer Friedhof.
City Guide: Discover the best of Saarbruecken
German France or French Germany?
It’s for you to figure out in Saarbrücken. After so many years of war, border skirmishes, direct transition from hand to hand, partition, annexation, protectorates and referenda. Now Saar is the smallest land in Germany with only one major city - the capital of Saarbrücken.
The convenient transport location, mineral deposits known since ancient times, as well as numerous immigrants, workers, merchants, scholars, the wise rule of Count Wilhelm Friedrich von Nassau and Jewish influence, gave the city a second life in the early 18th century.
When you decide to visit this marvelous city booked.net will present you a concise guide of Saarbrücken hotels from cheaper hotels through to luxury offers.
The Saar River divides Saarbrücken into two parts with very different atmospheres: the historic part of the city has always been a government area and St Johann – not only full of shops but also art and culture places. When you visit Saarbrücken you cannot but visit:
- St Johann market square - lively display of city life where you can enjoy a drink in the many bars and pubs surrounding the square.
- Ludwig Square and Ludwig’s Church - historical square that forms a unique Baroque ensemble together with the surrounding the Palace and former civil servants’ houses.
- Gallery of Modern Art - the bright pavilions of the modern art gallery on the Saar embankment house works by Franz Marc, Pablo Picasso or Claude Monet as well as temporary exhibitions of international artists.
- Historical Museum Saar - Did you know, for example, that Saarbrücken was once on the verge of becoming Europe’s capital? If you want to know more, head for the Historical Museum Saar to learn about Saarland’s history from the early modern era to the 20th century.
- In addition, a bit of a sense of adventure can be had while visiting the underground casemates of the old Castle.
- Villeroy & Boch headquarters located in the former Benedictine Abbey of Mettlach houses “Keravision” exhibition which reviews over 260 years of Villeroy & Boch’s history with a presentation of the modern products.
- Gondwana – a prehistoric theme park (in the neighborhood of Saarbrücken) displays cutting-edge animation technology and sophisticated audiovisual effects that relive the course of 4.5 billion years of the History of the Earth.
Come to the Saar. The further it lies from the famous German tourist routes, the more interesting it is. It is impossible not to fall in love with this French-German land and Booked.net can make this love affair possible.