Your booking experience in Potsdam
If you are looking for a high-end accommodation for your next journey in Potsdam, we are happy to provide you with the best Brandenburg hotel deals. On booked.net you will find a variety of family hotels, apartments and B&Bs in Potsdam. Start browsing hostels, botels and campsites in Brandenburg and find the one you like best. We’ve got business and spa hotels with a large list of facilities and services along with other attractive accommodation options which provide you with an ideal base for exploring. Booking a hotel in Brandenburg is a breeze with us and you will definitely be satisfied! Search and book now!
Budget hotels in Potsdam
A more budget-friendly alternative would be Kongresshotel Potsdam Am Templiner See, which is 3-star accommodation with room rates from 111US$. Filmhotel Lili Marleen is a good budget hotel with rates starting from 104US$ that is well situated within walking distance of Studio Babelsberg. Bett-Point Am Rathaus and Anno 1900 Hotel Babelsberg offer affordable rates in the heart of Innenstadt district.
Proximity to public transport
A number of hotels are in the vicinity of Potsdam (XXP) airport, including Waveboard and Hotel Villa Monte Vino. B&B Hotel Potsdam is located 450 meters from Main Potsdam train station and less than a 10-minute walk from the city center.
Convenience of staying in the city center
To avoid long rides to get to the city center, book Apartmenthotel Hollanderhaus, an upscale choice with a sun terrace and a sun deck, situated 850 meters away. Steigenberger Hotel Sanssouci is a family-friendly hotel that is a 10-minute walk to the center and a 5-minute walk to Restaurant im Steigenberger Hotel Sanssouci. Visitors wishing to stay in Innenstadt district could consider Hotel Am Jagertor or Hotel Am Grossen Waisenhaus.
Altstadt Hotel puts you within a 15-minute walk from The Historic Windmill and is located 0.6 km away from the city center. Mercure Hotel Potsdam City is conveniently located near the center and 10 minutes' walk from Extavium.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
If you're looking for a high-end hotel, consider staying at the 4-star Landhotel Potsdam or 4-star Hotel Bayrisches Haus.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Apartment Kiezflair is a cozy apartment in the center of the city located 500 meters from Bender`s Gaststatte zur Ratswaage. If you're looking for a homey place to stay, consider Pension Am Filmpark, located beside Park Babelsberg. Business travelers looking for some of the best hotels within a short drive of Orangerie im Park Sanssouci will find Schlossgarten Hotel Am Park Von Sanssouci or Walhalla Hotel.
Crown jewel of German Baroque, Potsdam is famous for its magnificent palaces and idyllic parks.
The city has a history of more than a thousand years and it was a residence of the Prussian royal family for three centuries until 1918. Grandiose palaces and charming gardens bear witness to those times. The world-famous Palace and Park of Sanssouci, built by Frederick the Great, is a German must-see. It is no wonder that the city with many extraordinary historical treasures is on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Romantic Potsdam offers you many historical sights and museums, as well as numerous places for shopping and entertainment. Plan your journey in advance with the help of Booked.net. In our vast database find the best hotels of Potsdam with the pictures and detailed information.
Potsdam has numerous historical attractions you should definitely visit such as the baroque pearl Sanssouci Palace, renaissance Orangery Palace, Chinese Teahouse. Don’t miss famous Dutch quarter with the beautiful red brick houses and outstanding Russian colony Alexandrovka with its decorated log cabins and classic Russian Orthodox chapel.
And of course, don’t forget about Potsdam’s enchanting parks. The city boasts its classic parks such as fabulous Babelsberg, Sanssouci and Neuera Garten, as well as the contemporary parks such as extremely popular Volkspark famous for the Biosphare with its fascinating tropic flora.
- Babelsberg Palace was the summer residence of Emperor Wilhelm I and his wife. Beautiful neo-Gothic edifice is a part of UNESCO heritage. Other distinguished places in Babelsberg Park are the famous Kleine Schloss (Petite Palace), the Flatowturm (Flatow tower), the Gerichtslaube (court pergola), the Marstall (royal stable) and the Matrosenhaus (mariner’s home).
- Baroque Palace and landscape Gardens of Sanssouci are counted among the German rivals of Versailles and Windsor Castle. The Palace, built between 1745 and 1747, is an outstanding example of German Rococo style. You should spend a great part of a day to see all amazing attractions Sanssouci grounds have to offer.
- The late-Baroque New Palace is located on the western side of the Sanssouci Park. Magnificent Palace, built in 1763-1769, used to serve as the summer residence for the royal family.
- Roman Baths is the enchanting ensemble of buildings in the Park of Sanssouci attracting visitors with its outstanding design.
- The Chinese House is a garden pavilion built in 1757 in Sanssouci Park. The pavilion has an interesting design of Rococo elements mixed with the Oriental architecture.
- The Orangery was built in 1864 as a guesthouse in Sanssouci Park. Designed in an Italian Renaissance style, it is famous for Raphael Hall, which houses almost 50 19th-century copies of Italian painter Raphael’s works.
Potsdam is not only known for the imposing palaces and outstanding nature. Another reason of its world popularity is the film industry. Classic German movies such as “Blue Angel” and “Around the World in 80 Days” were shot at the Babelsberg Studios, the gem in the German film industry. Follow the history of German film production in the Film Museum. Its technical collection, the costumes of Marlene Dietrich, Nazi-era films are definitely a must-see.
Put the beautiful historical city of Potsdam on the list of the places you should visit. When you travel to Potsdam, stay with comfort in the best hotels. Find out more about the cheapest hotels in Potsdam or the most luxurious ones at Booked.net.