Your booking experience in Potsdam
Booked.net makes it easy see the best Potsdam hotel deals for your vacation. Our website is equipped with search filters, filters that you may find pretty useful while looking for 4-star hotels and places to stay in Potsdam. Search and book now!
Budget hotels in Potsdam
Hotel Ambassador Potsdam is a top-rated 3-star budget hotel with hiking, cycling and a free parking lot as well as Burgerburo restaurant, situated nearby. Filmhotel Lili Marleen is an affordable choice that is only a 5-minute walk from Siedlung Am Findling and a 5-minute walk from Steakhaus Mendoza restaurant. If you are planning to visit Bornstedt district of Potsdam, pick an apartment such as Garni-Hotel Kranich for only 76US$ per night.
Proximity to public transport
Visitors looking for accommodation near Potsdam (XXP) airport should consider Schlosshotel Cecilienhof, priced 214US$ per night. If you want to take the train to explore Potsdam, choose B&B Hotel Potsdam next to Main Potsdam railroad station.
Convenience of staying in the city center
In the downtown area you will find Apartment Kiezflair with room rate starting with 133US$ or Pension An Der Havelbucht with only 84US$. Hotel Am Jagertor will put you in downtown Potsdam within walking distance of popular tourist places like a castle and a palace, The area of Innenstadt district features an array of hotels, one upscale option is Walhalla Hotel, which features canoeing, hiking and fishing.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
If a fabulous luxury stay is what you're after, think of the 4-star Mercure Hotel Potsdam City, which lies within walking distance of Denkmal fur die unbekannten Deserteure. XIX Neunzehn is a boutique hotel situated near Französische Kirche and Potsdam Friedenskirche. For those who prefer a chain hotel experience, the 4-star Hotel Bayrisches Haus, situated close to Peter Joseph Lenne, would be a great option.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
For short stay travelers, apartments such as Pp Pension Potsdam or Bett-Point Am Rathaus near Potsdam (XXP) airport may be ideal. If you're visiting Potsdam, book a snug B&B near Erna Wohl, such as Apart Pension Babelsberg or Remise Blumberg. If you're traveling with kids and want to select from hotels near Großes Holländisches Haus, the most suggested options will be Steigenberger Hotel Sanssouci and Guest House Villa Fritz. For a relaxing vacation, reserve a resort hotel near Betty Rosenbaum, such as Apartment- Und Zimmervermietung Am Park or Wyndham Garden Potsdam.
Crown jewel of German Baroque, Potsdam is famous for its magnificent palaces and idyllic parks.
The city has a history of more than a thousand years and it was a residence of the Prussian royal family for three centuries until 1918. Grandiose palaces and charming gardens bear witness to those times. The world-famous Palace and Park of Sanssouci, built by Frederick the Great, is a German must-see. It is no wonder that the city with many extraordinary historical treasures is on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Romantic Potsdam offers you many historical sights and museums, as well as numerous places for shopping and entertainment. Plan your journey in advance with the help of Booked.net. In our vast database find the best hotels of Potsdam with the pictures and detailed information.
Potsdam has numerous historical attractions you should definitely visit such as the baroque pearl Sanssouci Palace, renaissance Orangery Palace, Chinese Teahouse. Don’t miss famous Dutch quarter with the beautiful red brick houses and outstanding Russian colony Alexandrovka with its decorated log cabins and classic Russian Orthodox chapel.
And of course, don’t forget about Potsdam’s enchanting parks. The city boasts its classic parks such as fabulous Babelsberg, Sanssouci and Neuera Garten, as well as the contemporary parks such as extremely popular Volkspark famous for the Biosphare with its fascinating tropic flora.
- Babelsberg Palace was the summer residence of Emperor Wilhelm I and his wife. Beautiful neo-Gothic edifice is a part of UNESCO heritage. Other distinguished places in Babelsberg Park are the famous Kleine Schloss (Petite Palace), the Flatowturm (Flatow tower), the Gerichtslaube (court pergola), the Marstall (royal stable) and the Matrosenhaus (mariner’s home).
- Baroque Palace and landscape Gardens of Sanssouci are counted among the German rivals of Versailles and Windsor Castle. The Palace, built between 1745 and 1747, is an outstanding example of German Rococo style. You should spend a great part of a day to see all amazing attractions Sanssouci grounds have to offer.
- The late-Baroque New Palace is located on the western side of the Sanssouci Park. Magnificent Palace, built in 1763-1769, used to serve as the summer residence for the royal family.
- Roman Baths is the enchanting ensemble of buildings in the Park of Sanssouci attracting visitors with its outstanding design.
- The Chinese House is a garden pavilion built in 1757 in Sanssouci Park. The pavilion has an interesting design of Rococo elements mixed with the Oriental architecture.
- The Orangery was built in 1864 as a guesthouse in Sanssouci Park. Designed in an Italian Renaissance style, it is famous for Raphael Hall, which houses almost 50 19th-century copies of Italian painter Raphael’s works.
Potsdam is not only known for the imposing palaces and outstanding nature. Another reason of its world popularity is the film industry. Classic German movies such as “Blue Angel” and “Around the World in 80 Days” were shot at the Babelsberg Studios, the gem in the German film industry. Follow the history of German film production in the Film Museum. Its technical collection, the costumes of Marlene Dietrich, Nazi-era films are definitely a must-see.
Put the beautiful historical city of Potsdam on the list of the places you should visit. When you travel to Potsdam, stay with comfort in the best hotels. Find out more about the cheapest hotels in Potsdam or the most luxurious ones at Booked.net.