Bargain hunters looking for a cheap hotel in Magdeburg will find good value for their money at City Hotel Magdeburg or Hotel Alento Im Deutschen Haus, with free private parking and free parking. If you're looking for an accommodation in Magdeburg near major attractions, then City Apartments Magdeburg is a good low-cost apartment near a cathedral and a museum as well as Telemann-Gedenktafel.
- Price: low to high
- Price: high to low
- Guest rating: high to low
- Popularity: high to low
Where to stay in Magdeburg?
Best cheap hotels in Magdeburg
Magdeburg airports & Subway stations
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Magdeburg
For modern, upscale accommodations in Magdeburg, consider Best Western Hotel Geheimer Rat, which is conveniently situated near Pauluskirche and has free self-parking, a sauna and a Jacuzzi.
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
Nice 2 Rooms, Netflix, Wifi In Magdeburg is a cozy apartment only 15 minutes' walk from Zoologischer Garten Magdeburg. Those who are seeking comfy B&Bs can stop by Denkmal fur Verfolgten und Ermordeten Sinti und Roma, where they will find Elbquartier Apartments Magdeburg with a golf course, horse riding and a sunbathing terrace. Business travelers looking for some of the best hotels within a short drive of Sankt Gertrauden will find Classik Hotel Magdeburg or Hotel Am Flugplatz. For a relaxing vacation, reserve a resort hotel near Paul Niemeyer-Gedenkstein, such as Hotel Elbrivera Alt Prester or Michel Hotel Magdeburg.
City Guide: Discover the best of Magdeburg
A modern city with the impressive history, Magdeburg is an attractive tourist destination. The city was founded in 805 by Charlemagne and since then it was ruined twice: during the Thirty Years War and in 1945 toward the end of World War II. No wonder the enemies were so keen to destroy Magdeburg, for it was the member of Hanseatic League and one of the most important medieval cities in Europe, and later on in the 20th century the city was the social and economical center of the GDR. After the war destructions some historical buildings survived, Magdeburg was thoroughly rebuilt, and you can find outstanding monuments from the medieval and modern times in all parts of the city.
Magdeburg with its numerous charming parks is the third greenest city in Germany. To make your stay in the green city unforgettable book the best hotels at Booked.net.Find the cheapest hotel in Magdeburg or the most luxurious one in our vast database at Booked.net.
Set off on the shopping spree in the city center or enjoy the view from the picturesque banks of the river Elbe. Explore the wide streets of Magdeburg, where modern architecture harmonizes with the old one. You should undoubtedly visit the most important attractions such as the first Gothic Cathedral in Germany and the beautiful Romanesque Monastery of Our Lady. Also worth seeing is St. John’s Church, the oldest parish church in Magdeburg. In the city centre visit the two-storey Renaissance Town Hall and in the Old Market Square marvel at the oldest equestrian statue in Germany. The horseman is believed to portray Holy Roman Emperor Otto I. However, this sculpture is a copy; you can observe the original in the Museum of Cultural History.
- The Magdeburg’s Cathedral, founded by Otto I, is the first Gothic style Cathedral in Germany. The numerous treasures of Dom include the tomb of Emperor Otto I, the sculpture of the Magdeburger Virgins from 13th century and the World War II memorial by Ernst Barlach.
- The Monastery of Our Lady, which dates back to the 11th century, is probably the oldest building in Magdeburg. Fascinating Romanesque edifice houses the Art Museum.
- Beautiful Elbauenpark with the tropical butterfly house is the home to the famous Millennium Tower built in 1999. The 60m high tower with unique shape houses outstanding exhibition devoted to human science and research.
- Green Citadel is the modern architectural masterpiece of famous Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Surreal pink building with golden domes and asymmetrical windows is a Magdeburg’s must-see.
- The Cultural History Museum was opened in 1906. Famous museum houses unique collections of archaeological finds, military artifacts, medieval antiques and much more.
- Picturesque Herrenkrug Park is one of the many Magdeburg’s green oases. Walk the charming pathways, marvel at sculptures from the 19th century and visit the horse race course.
Visit the annual main events of the city such as Magdeburg Town Festival with carousels, market stalls and an interesting stage programme; the Elbauennacht with the hot air balloon festival and the huge Easter bonfire in the Elbauenpark, which is believed to chase the winter away.
Modern city with the unique historical sights, beautiful parks and outstanding shopping malls, Magdeburg is a catch for the visitors. Stay with comfort in the best hotels of the city for the lowest possible price. At Booked.net find the cheapest hotels in Magdeburg or the most luxurious ones and save money.