Your booking experience in Konstanz
Booked.net makes it easy see the best Konstanz hotel deals for your city escape. We have cheap and luxury hotels with a huge list of services and amenities together with other amazing accommodation options which grant you an extensive base for exploring.
Budget hotels in Konstanz
Proximity to public transport
If you have tickets for a flight from or to Constance (QKZ-Constance Train Station) airport, you can find accommodation conveniently placed near it, such as Apartment Hotel Konstanz or Hotel Kreuzlingen Am Hafen. City Hotel Konstanz is 3-star accommodation within a 5 minutes' walk of the center and near Konstanz Central railway station.
Convenience of staying in the city center
Make sure to book a hotel next to Old Town (Niederburg), such as Gastehaus Centro that is adjacent. Located near DITIB-Moschee Konstanz, Hotel Halm Konstanz provides a sauna, a golf course and a solarium.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
Hotel 47° is a luxury hotel within easy walking distance of Theatre Konstanz and it has facilities such as an outdoor swimming pool, a sauna and an indoor swimming pool.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Guests planning to visit Staad district may want to book a room at Gastehaus Holzer, with rates from 171US$. Stadthotel is a 3-star, family-friendly choice located 350 meters from the center. For a relaxing vacation, book a resort hotel near Kulturzentrum am Muenster, such as Steigenberger Insel or Hotel Volapuk.
Warm and cozy Konstanz town is located on the banks of the Bodensee or Lake Constance. The lake is the main attraction of the town, it gives Konstanz very romantic breezy atmosphere. The harbor is the great place to spend some time on the fresh air; to rent a boat and sail across the lake, to have a glass of fresh yummy beer or feed the seagulls with your children.
Enjoy the breathtaking sunsets with your beloved and fascinating view of Swiss and Austrian Alps across the lake. But don’t think Konstanz is boring; the town is full of life, busy shoppers and tourists, happily relaxing in the lively pubs and restaurants.
The Theatre of Konstanz is the oldest German theatre that draws an audience from all over the world. When you come to enjoy cultural life of the town, find the cheap hotel in Konstanz or the one with luxuries at the lowest price possible. You can find the best offers at Booked.net
Thanks to the immediate vicinity of neutral Switzerland, Konstanz for the most part hasn’t suffered the destructive force of World War II. Indeed, you can find many old houses of 13th-16th centuries on the narrow streets of Niederburg, the oldest part of the town. Don’t forget to visit The Münster, imposing Cathedral of Konstanz, which was constructed between 1100 and 1854. Its mixture of architectural styles fascinates and astonishes. Among the most visited attractions in Konstanz is the Hus House, devoted to the famous Czech religious reformer Jan Hus, who was burnt alive in 1415 by the Roman Catholic Church.
Other attractions include;
- Konzil or Council Building was built in 1388 as a warehouse for goods delivered across the Alps. In 1417 Pope Martin V was elected there, for it was the biggest building in the town. Nowadays, the place houses restaurant and is frequently used for conferences and parties.
- Despite it wasn’t built long time ago, Imperia Statue is a symbol of Konstanz. The courtesan from the stories of Honoré de Balzac, Imperia is holding two small naked men in her hands, representing Emperor Sigismund and Pope Martin V.
- Bismarck Tower is one of the 250 built and 170 remained towers to honor Otto von Bismarck, ex-chancellor of Germany. Climb to the top of the tower and enjoy fascinating view of the town.
- Archaeological Museum Baden-Württemberg exhibits very exciting collections of the archaeological findings in the state of Baden-Württemberg. Pay special attention to the medieval artifacts.
- Mainau Flower Island is the paradise made of flowers on the Lake Constanse. The small island boasts a semitropical climate, therefore you can enjoy astonishing exotic flowers all year round. Mainau arboretum, a butterfly house, a castle are among the things you should see on the island.
- Sculpture border between Germany and Switzerland is unique and bewitching. In the year 2007 Konstanz artist Johannes Dörflinger created 22 amazing sculptures, representing the “Great Arkana” of the Tarot cards.
If you are a fan of merry bustling events, come to Konstanz in the week before the Lent. Every year the town celebrates its famous Carnival with bizarre costumes and fantastic masks. Other interesting event worthy of your attention is Seenachtsfest or Lake Night Festival, which takes place in the middle of August. The marvelous fireworks set off from the boats crown the end of the diverse entertaining programme.
Attracting visitors with the fabulous sights and outstanding cultural events, Konstanz is a tourist’s paradise. Traveling to Konstanz, stay in the best hotels at the most affordable price with the help of Booked.net. Find out more about the cheapest hotels in Konstanz or the most luxurious ones in our vast database.