Your booking experience in Darmstadt
If you are looking for a fine accommodation for your next vacation in Darmstadt, we are pleased to offer you amazing Hesse hotel deals. Booked.net enables you to filter your search in Hesse by proximity to public transport and tourist places. Booking a hotel in Hesse is a breeze with us and you are sure not to be disappointed!
Budget hotels in Darmstadt
Proximity to public transport
Maritim Hotel Darmstadt is only a 5-minute walk to Darmstadt Central train station for those who would like to opt for a time-saver.
Convenience of staying in the city center
If you're willing to stay near Alice - Denkmal, book a room at Hotel Ernst Ludwig which is a 5-minute walk away. Located less than a 15-minute walk from Prinz-Emil-Garten, think about staying at Best Western Hotel Darmstadt, with such amenities as a sauna and a Jacuzzi.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
Think about the posh Hotel Jungstil to be less than 15 minutes away on foot from Hessian National Museum Darmstadt. If you appreciate nature, you can try Welcome Hotel Darmstadt, a boutique hotel next to parks and hills. The 3-star Commundo Tagungshotel Darmstadt is an option for those who prefer reliable service.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Apartment Jesse is a quaint choice that is only a 10-minute drive from Universitats- und Landesbibliothek. Business travelers looking for some of the best hotels within a short drive of Mathildenhoehe will find Hotel Prinz Heinrich or Ibis Darmstadt City. Make sure to choose Hotel Stadt Heidelberg near Schloss Heiligenberg - a top-rated resort with views of the garden.
The city of science, Darmstadt was rewarded with the nickname for a good reason. High-tech center, the city is the home to the numerous scientific and research institutions with the Technical University Darmstadt, established in 1877, on the top of the list. Important spacecraft operations such as the European Space Operations Centre and European Organization for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites are as well located in Darmstadt. Scientific city is one of the few cities in the world that have chemical element named after them; Darmstadtium has been synthesized in GSI Centre for Heavy Ion Research. You will be surprised to find out that other chemical product originated in Darmstadt; notorious drug ecstasy was found in 1912 by the chemist Anton Kollisch, working for the Darmstadt’s pharmaceutical company Merck.
Darmstadt is located very conveniently for the tourists; the road to Frankfurt Airport will take only 20 minutes. Make your journey even more comfortable with the help of Booked.net. Book the cheapest hotels in Darmstadt or the most luxurious ones from our database and save money.
The cultural heritage of Darmstadt goes back to the times when the city was the residence of the Grand Duke. Visit the famous castle Frankenstein from the 13th century, 33 meter column commemorating Ludwig I in the middle of the Luisenplatz and the New Palace in the city centre, the residence of the Grand Dukes of Hesse. The New Palace is also known as a birth place of the last Empress of Russia, Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna Romanova. You should also visit the Russian Chapel built by Russian Tsar Nicholas II and his wife Tsarina Alexandra. The magnificent building with the golden onion domes is considered to be an outstanding example of the Art Nouveau style, so popular in Darmstadt.
- Castle Frankenstein dates back to the 13th century. Some people believe that the castle inspired the novel “Frankenstein” of Mary Shelley, although the historians didn’t confirm this theory.
- Precious examples of the Jugendstil period include Russian Chapel, English-style rose garden Rosenhohe and the most interesting Mathildenhohe where artists lived and worked. In Mathildenhohe you will find the best works of Art Nouveau such as the private houses of the artists and unique Marriage Tower. Don’t miss the Artist’s Colony Museum in Mathildenhohe.
- The Waldspirale or Forest Spiral is a surreal multicolored building famous for its interesting design: there are no straight lines and sharp corners in the building and all the windows have different shape.
- Porcelain Museum originally contained the private collection of the Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig. The Museum houses precious exhibits of royal porcelain and faience, the works from Berlin, Vienna, Meissen and outstanding Imperial Russian porcelain.
- Orangerie is the beautiful garden with the Baroque pavilion and the fascinating fountains.
The city of the Jugendstil art every year celebrates Art Nouveau Festival with acrobats and performers in Art Nouveau dresses. The programme ends with the festival of lights in Mathildenhohe. Other event worth visiting is Heinerfest, the largest town centre festival of Germany. Live music, sport tournaments, children’s festival and fantastic fireworks at the end will be interesting to the whole family.
The city of science and arts, Darmstadt is an interesting place to visit. Stay in the best hotels of Darmstadt for the lowest price possible. Our vast database contains the best deals on the hostels in Darmstadt and luxury hotels at Booked.net.