Located on Italy’s east coast, Rimini is one of the most popular seaside resorts in the country.
Its 15km sandy beach on the Adriatic Sea and nonstop nightlife make it a vibrant destination and a magnet for tourists. The city lies between San Marino, Bologna, Florence and Venice. Apart from being a famous beach resort, Rimini is also renowned for its great cultural heritage. History of the city dates back to Roman times and you capture the ancient spirit of the city by simply walking around.
Most of the restaurants, bars, hotels and nightclubs are located along the seaside promenade. Hotels are usually quite expensive, especially when the season begins, so it is well worth while booking in advance with Booked.net.
Check out our selection, Booked.net offers a great number of hotels to choose from and at value for money.
Rimini’s historic centre is a definite must-see. Various museums and churches will take you back to the times of conquests and the prosperity of the Roman Empire. The main sights include the following:
- Roman Rimini which history dates back to 268BC. Some remains from that time could be seen here. You could find the main town gate, Roman bridge, as well as Roman amphitheater
- Cavour square with a statue of Pope Paul IV that dominates it and the great fountain built in 1543
- Tre Martiri Square, famous for the clock tower built in 1547 and a 16th century column erected in Julius Caesar’s honor
- Church of San Giuliano Martire which displays some great works by Paul Veronese and Bittino da Faenza
- The Malatesta Temple, a masterpiece of the Italian Renaissance, which preserves works of Giotto, Piero della Francesca, and Duccio
- City museum with more than 1,500 art works from the 11th through 20th centuries.
Should you have enough time, take a bus to Viserba and enjoy a walk around the gorgeous park. If you happen to be in Rimini on Wednesday, try and see the typical Italian market on Cavour Square. If you are looking for a place to chill in the evening, make it to Marina Centro or Lungomare Augusto, where you could sip a fantastic wine at one of the bars overlooking the sea.
No doubt you will enjoy your stay in Rimini, where there are plenty of things to see and do for any taste. Make the most of your trip by booking with Booked.net, whether you are looking for a low-cost option or a plush hotel in Rimini.