Serve to Preserve
MAY 10, 2010 IS THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR REBATE APPLICATION.
ANYONE HAVING PURCHASED A QUALIFYING ENERGY STAR APPLIANCE
BETWEEN APRIL 16 AND 25, 2010,
IS ENCOURAGED TO COMPLETE AND MAIL IN AN APPLICATION.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 19, 2010
CONTACT: GOVERNOR’S PRESS OFFICE
Governor Crist Commends Floridians for Buying ENERGY STAR Appliances
~ 72,700 rebates reserved within 36 hours~
TALLAHASSEE – Governor Charlie Crist today commended Floridians who purchased ENERGY STAR appliances and reserved $17.5 million in rebate funds in the first 36 hours of the ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate Program. Beginning at 11:00 a.m. EDT on Friday, April 16, 2010, Floridians reserved more than 72,700 rebates averaging $241 for select ENERGY STAR appliances purchased from Florida retailers. The program will pump at least $62 million into Florida’s economy, in addition to generating at least $4 million in tax revenues.
“The ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate Program has been a tremendous success, and the Sunshine State received a triple benefit from the purchases made by Florida consumers – consumers win, our environment wins and our economy wins,” Governor Crist said. “By participating in the rebate program, consumers save money on their purchases and, in the future, on their energy and water bills. Their participation also boosted our economy and will help protect and preserve our beautiful state for generations to come.”
Qualifying appliances included refrigerators, freezers, clothes washers, dishwashers, gas water heaters (tank-less), and room air conditioners, and applicants could qualify to receive up to $1,500 per household. The rebates of 20 percent of the retail price, plus a $75-bonus for recycling the old appliance, will be issued in the form of a prepaid card.
Administered by the Florida Energy and Climate Commission and the Governor’s Energy Office, the rebate program is made possible by a grant from the federal American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and Florida legislation signed by Governor Crist in 2009. Administrative costs for the program were kept to a low $70,000, allowing 99.6 percent of the funds to be issued to consumers as rebates.
The ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate Program builds on Governor Crist’s past energy and climate change initiatives. In 2007, Governor Crist signed three executive orders to reduce Florida’s greenhouse gas emissions, increase energy efficiency, and remove market barriers for renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind energy. The next year, he signed the 2008 Energy and Economic Development Legislation, aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions, increasing energy efficiency and encouraging investment in alternative and renewable energy technologies. Among its requirements, the comprehensive, bipartisan legislation created a renewable fuel standard and the Florida Energy and Climate Commission as a central office for state energy and climate change programs and policies.
If you are looking for places to stay in Tallahassee during the Climate Summit, check out the popular properties here:
- Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Tallahassee
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North, An Ihg Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10-Thomasville Rd
- Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, An Ihg Hotel
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Tallahassee
- Courtyard Tallahassee Downtown/Capitol
- Comfort Suites Tallahassee Downtown
- Baymont By Wyndham Tallahassee
- Residence Inn By Marriott Tallahassee Universities At The Capitol
- Sleep Inn & Suites Tallahassee - Capitol
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
- Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites
- Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
- Four Points By Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
- La Quinta Inn By Wyndham Tallahassee North
- Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee
- Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, An Ihg Hotel
- Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
- Motel 6 Tallahassee - Downtown
- Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North
- Springhill Suites Tallahassee Central
- Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee - I-10 E
- Governors Inn
- Econo Lodge Near University Tallahassee Downtown
- Howard Johnson By Wyndham Tallahassee
- Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol
- Country Inn & Suites By Radisson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, Fl
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Tallahassee State Capitol
- Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central
- Sleep Inn - Tallahassee
- University Inn And Suites
- Baymont By Wyndham Midway/Tallahassee
- Days Inn & Suites By Wyndham Tallahassee Conf Center I-10
- Quality Inn & Suites
- Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central
- Budget Inn
- Towneplace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle
- Hampton Inn Tallahassee-Central
- El Camino Motel
- Motel 6 Tallahassee West
- Days Inn By Wyndham Tallahassee University Center
- Clarion Pointe Tallahassee-State Capitol
- Woodspring Suites Tallahassee Northwest
- Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
- Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
- Budgetel Inn & Suites
- Baymont By Wyndham Tallahassee Central
- Econo Lodge North
- Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
- Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
- Red Roof Inn Tallahassee East
- Tru By Hilton Tallahassee Central
- Seven Hills Suites
- Tallahassee Sun & Moon
- Hotel Indigo - Tallahassee - College Town, An Ihg Hotel
- Wingate By Wyndham Tallahassee Fsu
- Days Inn & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center I-10
- Little English Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee Capitol-University
- Quality Inn Tallahassee Near University
- Woodspring Suites Tallahassee East
- Comfort Inn & Suites Tallahassee North - I-10 Capital Circle
- Days Inn By Wyndham Tallahassee-Government Center
- Holiday Inn - Tallahassee E Capitol - Univ, An Ihg Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee-University Central, An Ihg Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tallahassee I-10 East
- Four Points By Sheraton Tallahassee
- Days Inn Tallahassee
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee North/I10 And Us27
- Country Inn & Suites Tallahassee East
- Ball House And Cottages
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Tallahassee North
- Hyatt House Tallahassee Capitol University
- Ramada Inn Capitol View
- Tallahassee Home With Fenced Yard, 4 Mi To Dtwn
- Pet-Friendly Tallahassee Abode Less Than 2 Mi To Fsu!
- Southside Tally Home Away From Home Retreat
- Quaint Tallahassee Home With Yard Less Than 3 Miles To Fsu!
- Charming Tallahassee Townhouse - 3 Half Miles To Fsu!
- Bright Tallahassee Home, 5 Mi To Dtwn And Lake Ella!
- Charming Tallahassee Hideaway - 5 Mi To Fsu!
- Entire - Newly Furnished Townhouse Near Everything!
- Welcome To Carolyn'S House
- Stylish Sunshine State Escape - 2 Mi To Fsu!
- Renovated Tally Escape With Deck Less Than 5 Mi To Fsu!
- Bright And Sunny Home With Deck, 1 Mile To Fsu!
- The Cozy And Newly Furnished White Townhouse!
- Pet-Friendly Tallahassee Home Close To Fsu!
- Charming Tallahassee Studio Less Than 2 Miles To Fsu!
- Tallahassee Condo With Pool Access About 2 Mi Dtwn!
- Beautiful Modern Luxury Eco Townhouse, 3B/3.5B Great Location
- Cheerful 3-Bedrooms With Free Parking On Premises
- Tidy Tallahassee Townhome About 7 Mi To Downtown!
- Lush, Serene Townhome About 3 Mi From Fsu Campus
- Kako Luxury - Your Luxury Getaway Home...
- 2/2 Townhome Super Cute And Cozy