Waco is a bustling place where change is still in progress.
Incorporated as a town in the 1850's, it was among the first to span a bridge over the Brazos River in 1870, then went become a major crossing for thousands of people passing the over bridge in their horse-drawn carriages - today it has outgrown neighboring Dallas and Austin.
Vivid and energetic, Waco is always on the move. It means you should take care of your stay before you go there. Be it a room in cheap hotel in Waco or luxury offer all available at Booked.net. Our listings include maps, photos and secure forms.
Along with its arrogance, Waco serves as the stronghold for those seeking for inspiration. For example, famous rock guitarist Ted Nugent lives and works in Waco writing a weekly column for the Waco Tribune-Herald and filming his popular MTV show "Surviving Nugent".
Away from basking in the gleams of someone's glory, Waco is a bustling city itself. Everything there celebrates the city's history from its old downtown buildings, interesting museums to cobbled streets.
- Cameron Park, located in the heart of Waco it includes more than 400 acres of trees, trails, and nature
- The Dr Pepper Museum the original bottling plants since 1885
- The Mayborn Museum, located near Baylor University offers exhibits on the natural history of central Texas
- Texas Sports Hall of Fame will introduce you to games like football, tennis, golf, baseball, basketball, horse racing, and others
- The Suspension Bridge, built in 1870 it was the first bridge across the Brazos River
In fact, Waco was the first not only about The Suspension Bridge, even thought it was one of its most economically effective achievements. Thanks to the construction, Waco became an important trading post, but the bridge was later used as a model for Roebling's planning of the Brooklyn Bridge.
In 1894 Waco was the pioneer in the region to establish the Cotton Palace fair to trade with cotton produced in the Brazos and Bosque valleys. In several years advancement again reached Waco and America won another recipe to slake thirst with new soft drink named Dr Pepper.
You can anticipate the next step that this ambitious city may take on your trip to Waco with Booked.net.