Hollywood east is the nickname Wilmington was granted by the residents of one of the most beautiful cities on the coast of North Carolina.
Third largest TV production site, the city is the home to the Screen Gems Studios where famous TV shows One Tree Hill and Dawson’s Creek were filmed. Charming Wilmington is located between Cape Fear River and Atlantic Ocean, which attracts numerous tourists from America and other countries. In Wilmington you can enjoy outstanding beaches and fantastic water activities. Don’t miss the traditional stroll on the boardwalk, where you can relax in the numerous bars and restaurants offering delicious seafood, which Wilmington is famous for.
A city of rich history and terrific entertainment boasts numerous comfortable accommodations for any taste and pocket. At Booked.net you will find the cheapest hotels in Wilmington and the most luxurious ones at the lowest possible price in the web.
On your first trip to the city you should visit the charming historic district with the beautiful buildings, romantic churches, neat cemeteries and outstanding museums. Stop at the famous World War II battleship, USS North Carolina. It will take you at least two hours to explore nine decks, crew’s quarters, gun turrets and much more. Visit the incredible Cameron Art Museum and fantastic Cape Fear Serpentarium, and, of course, don’t miss a must-see tour of Screen Gems Studios. If you like shopping, explore the nice stores and numerous cafes in the Cotton Exchange complex, located in the historical buildings from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Or you might as well enjoy the beach and water activities such as sunbathing, swimming, surfing, kayaking and more. You will never be bored in the wonderful city Wilmington.
- USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial was the first fast battleship join United States Navy in World War II
- Screen Gems Studio tour will take you to the sets of One Tree Hill and various films made at the studio. The tour is very interesting for all film fans
- The Bellamy Mansion, built between 1858 and 1861, is one of the finest examples of the state’s historic architecture in Greek revival and Italianate style, it now houses a museum
- Cameron Art Museum offers extraordinary annual exhibitions; educational family programs with lectures, music, films, dance; classes in ceramics and more
- Cape Fear Serpentarium contains the unique exhibits, including exotic lizards and dragons, large crocodiles, rare and dangerous venomous species
- Airlie Gardens were established over a century ago and these days offer amazing gardens with azaleas and camellias, historic structures, 462-year-old Airlie Oak and the beautiful lake
No matter what time of the year you travel to Wilmington, the city has an interesting event to offer. Visit Antique Show in January and Jazz Festival in February; start the spring with beautiful Azalea Festival in April and in summer enjoy the popular Blues Festival in July. Don’t miss the famous Cucalorus Film Festival in November.
Wilmington is a Mecca for film fans, those who love history and culture, beach and water lovers, gourmets, in other words, every tourist. Stay in this wonderful city with comfort, choosing the best hotels in Wilmington at the lowest possible price with the help of Booked.net