Biloxi is a city in the State of Misissippi, located in the Harrison County, on shore of the Gulf Coast.
The spot is renowned for gorgeous beaches and numerous casinos. In fact, Biloxi is a mecca for gambling and offers eight grand casinos to choose from. Tourists flock to the area to enjoy aquatic entertainment and local cuisine represented by seafood. The downtown area houses historic and cultural sights. The city is famous for various events such as Cruising the Coast, Shrimp Queen, Art Festivals and others. The city’s history dates back 1699, whereas its name means ‘first people’ referring to Native American tribes that inhabited the area back then.
Biloxi hotels are numerous. Booked.net will help you to find a hotel that suits your best demands, whether you are travelling on budget or looking for a swanky place to stay.
There are a great number of historic places worth seeing while in Biloxi. The most visited tourist spots include;
- Beauvoir, Jefferson Davis Home, currently the power seat of the president of the Confederate States of America, as well as a museum open to public
- Old Brick House, a historic house museum
- The Redding House listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1908 and has a great significance from an architectural point of view
- St. Michael's Catholic Church constructed in 1963, is famous for stained glass windows to honor the city’s fishing industry
- Fort Massachusetts is a brick construction located on West Ship Island, built in 1812 and used as a defense fortification till 1903
- Walter Anderson Museum of Art dedicated to the works of Walter Inglis Anderson who is among the most influential American painters of the 20th century
- Ohr O'Keefe Museum of Art houses collection of George Ohr's pottery works
There is a number of entertaining things to do in Biloxi. You can take a Ship Island Cruise and see various small islands of the Gulf Coast. Another great opportunity is to take a Biloxi Shrimping Trip and get an insight into how shrimps are caught. Shall you be travelling with children, try to make it to Children Museum or the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Numerous restaurants, bars and discos are located on historic Vieux Marche in the heart of Old Downtown.
There is no need to look further than Booked.net to book a Biloxi hotel. Please check the website for full information regarding Biloxi hotels, as well as guests’ reviews.