In 1998 Money Magazine proclaimed Lakeland the 10th “Best Place to Live in America”.
Residents of this city in the state Florida will absolutely agree, for Lakeland has outstanding healthcare, fantastic educational facilities, modern and affordable housing and numerous recreational and cultural activities.
Add to this mixture ideal climate and the low crime rates and you will get the perfect place for living. Don’t forget Florida is one of the world’s favorite tourist destinations, and the most fabulous attractions can be easily reached from Lakeland. Walt Disney World, Epcot, Sea World, Universal Studios, Spaceport USA at the Kennedy Space Center are almost around the corner. In Lakeland you will enjoy the numerous lakes famous for their beauty and gorgeous swans, that by the way, descendants of the royal swans sent by the queen.
The neighborhoods of Lakeland are spectacular and varied, as well as the hotels. There’s something for everyone, and Booked.net will help you find the best hotels at the lowest possible price. Book the cheapest hotel in Lakeland or the most luxurious one and save money.
Lakeland and its surrounding areas have many attractions to offer. In the historic downtown you will find outstanding buildings from the early 20th century. Pay a visit to the Lake Mirror and its stunning Promenade, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Explore the fantastic collections and changing exhibitions of ancient and modern art in Polk Museum of Art, take your children on the breathtaking journey of discovery to Explorations V Children’s Museum and experience the fun of flying in an open cockpit in Fantasy of Flight Attraction. Visit the historic Polk Theatre where Elvis Presley performed in 1956. Make a tour around the city and you will see marvelous architecture and works of art lovingly placed in the most beautiful spots of Lakeland. If you still have time, explore wonderful attractions in the surrounding area that can be easily reached from the city.
Other attractions include;
- Dinosaur Museum exhibits over 150 life sized statues of dinosaurs in a natural environment. Besides, you will find numerous fantastic attractions for the whole family.
- The Florida Air Museum at Sun’n Fun offers you fascinating exhibition of the unique aircrafts, including home built, antique, war-birds and many more.
- Joker Marchant Stadium is a must do for all baseball fans. The stadium has been the spring training home for the Detroit Tigers since 1934.
- Hollis Garden on the Lake Mirror is a botanical garden with thousands of flowers, shrubs, historic trees, herbs and vegetables.
- The Golf Club at Bridgewater in Lakeland is one of the finest parkland golf courses in Florida.
- Attractions in Orlando such as Disney World, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Typhoon Lagoon and more are something you can’t miss while in Lakeland.
Lakeland is home to numerous spectacular events. While planning your trip, look at the schedule of the events so you can visit Tattoo Festival, Wine Festival, or the fantastic art festivals such as Mayfaire by-the-Lake, one of the biggest and oldest art festivals in Florida.
The city of beautiful lakes, gracious swans and celebrated culture, Lakeland will give you a wonderful tourist experience. Make your trip unforgettable with Booked.net. At our website you will find the cheapest hotels in Lakeland and the most luxurious ones at the lowest possible price.