Sunny and dynamic area on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, Clearwater is the fantastic resort for the whole family. Although the smallest of the three principal cities in the Tampa Bay Area, Clearwater yields to none in breathtaking beauty, marvelous architecture, outstanding cultural events and fantastic entertainment. You can discover it for yourself walking the streets of downtown, where you can enjoy interesting museums, local boutiques and first-rate restaurants.
In the city you should visit the Super Power Building, the largest commercial building in Clearwater and the worldwide headquarters of the Church of Scientology, which has a long history of complex relationship with the city. Cross the beautiful architectural work of art, Memorial Causeway Bridge, and enter the beautiful paradise on the Clearwater Beach, one of the best resorts on the Gulf of Mexico.
When you’re planning your trip to Clearwater it’s not hard to get lost in the many choices of hotels, resorts campgrounds and vacation rentals. First of all, you should decide whether you prefer to stay on mainland or on the beach and then Booked.net will help you find the best accommodation in Clearwater at the lowest possible price.
Enjoy your vacation on the Clearwater Beach, which houses plenty of fabulous attractions for the entire family. Swimming and sun tanning, jet skiing and parasailing are among the favorite activities. You can try out deep sea fishing and sea cruises or you might stay on the beach and enjoy rejuvenating massage in Clearwater Beach Spa. At night you should definitely visit the ‘Sunsets at Pier 60’ event, which operates place 365 days a year.
At Pier 60 you will find lots of vendors with delicious food and souvenirs to buy as well as live entertainers with fantastic shows free to attend. Next day set off on the journey into the world of underwater creatures in Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Buying the ticket to this fabulous adventure, you’re helping the animals, such as the famous dolphin Winter, rescued by CMA.
Other attractions include:
- Old Pinellas County Courthouse, built in 1918, is a beautiful example of Classical Revival architectural style. Since 1992 it’s on the list of the National Register of Historic Places.
- Sand Key Park is a nice beach to spend a day at, avoiding crowds of Clearwater Beach. The white sand is very clean, the parking is cheap, and gorgeous sunsets will make you want to come back over and over again.
- The Segway Adventure is a fantastic experience of gliding on a Segway PT. Friendly guide will take you on a tour of the local sites and interesting landmarks. Your whole family will love it.
- Largo’s Heritage Village is an incredible open-air museum with 28 historical structures, some from the 19th century. You will see historic homes, school, church, railroad depot and many more.
- Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks and Greek Community offer you great restaurants, unique shops, entertaining cruises and the world’s finest sponges coming from the sea.
During winter, Spring Break or summer vacation there’s always something to do in Clearwater area. Musical events such as Fun’N Sun Festival and sport events, including Clearwater Super Boat National Championship Festival are among the numerous festivals that take place all year round. And don’t forget to visit world-famous attractions not far from Clearwater such as Busch Gardens, Universal Studios and fabulous Disney World.
Famous for crystal clear water and fantastic beaches, outstanding attractions and unforgettable events, Clearwater is a very popular tourist destination. Plan your trip in advance and save money with Booked.net. From the cheapest hotels in Clearwater to the most luxurious ones find the best deals at Booked.net.