Cultural phenomenon, shopping heaven and tourist treasure. This city is a find for all kinds of tourists. For those who travel all over the world looking for historical venues, Bangkok has its exotic eastern wealth. Buddhists temples and palaces are considered the most beautiful in Asia. The city is also the most attractive place in the world for people who are after amusements of all kinds.
Booked.net will show you why Bangkok is must see. From a cheap Bangkok hotel to one appointed with all luxuries, Booked.net’s database of hotels in Bangkok can put you in the centre of this vibrant city.
The city boasts some of the country’s most visited cultural treasures such as the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun. The roofs and spires are very eccentric, the view will take your breath away. Discover Bangkok’s beautiful, gleaming temples, get lost in ancient Siamese history. Visit two of Penang’s greatest legacies, the War Museum and the Snake Temple.
- The Grand Palace was built in 1785 during the reign of King Rama I and is still in use. The royal ceremonies celebrated here are coronations, royal funerals, marriages and state banquets
- Wat Pho is one of the largest and oldest temples in Bangkok. It has more than one thousand Buddha images as well as image of Reclining Buddha, the biggest image of Buddha in this position.
- Wat Arun is interesting for spiritual people. The central prang of the temple symbolizes Mount Meru which is considered to be the center of all the physical, metaphysical and spiritual universes in Indian cosmology.
- The War Museum is a significant historical point in Penang as it bore witness to the fall of the British army in the hands of the Japanese invaders
- Snake Temple is also known as ‘Temple of the Azure Cloud’. It was built in 1850, in the memory of a Buddhist monk with great healing powers. The Temple was a shelter to snakes and it is said that since entering the temple they never left in respect to the monk. Quite a surreal experience.
Bangkok is one of the most attractive places in the world. It’s also famous with its high-class service and comfortable hotels. With Booked.net you will find what’s best for you at affordable price.
Bangkok is the city that never sleeps. Nightlife starts from 9pm till 2 in the morning, some of the clubs work all night long. The center of the night entertainment is Patpong. This district is famous with its bars and clubs, shows and cabarets, thousands of street vendors selling fake stuff at ridiculously low prices, bars and clubs. You can have all kinds of fun in this area and you should see it for yourself.
There are plenty of bars and clubs in different parts of the city. So no matter where you stay in Bangkok, you can always find a cozy place to spend your time in not far from your hotel.
The city’s notorious entertainment attracts curious tourist from all over the world. Experience all the things your friends come home talking about – tuk-tuk ride, ladyboy show, Thai massage.
The reasons for Thailand’s attractiveness are easily explained. During the last 10 years it was rapidly developed in high-class tourist industry with comfortable hotels and faultless service.
Don’t forget breathtaking nature – beautiful sand beaches and coral islands. The citizens of Thailand are famous with their kindness and extraordinary hospitality. Bangkok is the city of angels and elephants. The elephants walk the streets of the mega-polis as if it was jungle. These peaceful animals are the symbol of Thailand.
Bangkok is full of surprises and has many wonders for everybody. We will help you make your trip unforgettable. Find out more about our best offers at Booked.net
Interesting tip: Did you know that the full name of Bangkok is the longest place name in the world. You can check it out in the Guinness Book of Records.