Goa is the smallest state located in the South West India, in the Konkan region.
It lies on the coast of the Arabia Sea and is famous for beautiful beaches and stunning architecture. Goa is an all-year round tourist destination and a safe place to travel to due to its reputation of the richest Indian state. The history of Goa dates back to the 3rd century, when Goa was a part of the Mauryan Empire. You will be impressed how Goa differs from the rest of India. Many attribute this to the fact that Goa was under Portuguese rule for over 450 years. Make sure you visit Goa’s churches and temples and see as much Goa’s beaches as you can, since every beach has something in particular to offer.
Goa is packed with various hotels. Booked.net provides you with a wide range of Goa hotels from low-cost options to luxury hotels to meet any budget and occasion.
There are numerous attractions worth seeing while in Goa. The most visited tourist sights include;
- Bom Jesus Basilica, a modern art gallary with Dom Martin's surrealist works and photographs of Benoy Behl
- Fort Aguada, a 17th century fort on Sinquerim beach
- Goa State Museum houses a collection of 8000 object from bronzes to manuscripts
- Houses of Goa museum features a typically Guan house built as a ship-like structure, with different levels exposing the essence of Goa’s architecture
- Goa Chitra Museum displays the world’s largest collection of ethnographic artifacts and a great collection of vintage-cars
- Naval Aviation Museum houses vintage airplanes and helicopters
- Hindu temples with Mahalsa temple being one of the most famous in Goa and Naguesh temple, among the ancient ones
Goa’s coastline stretches for more than 70km, offering paradise-like sandy beaches. There are numerous diving and kite surfing opportunities. For instance, you can make it to the Grande Island, where dive sites exceed 16m in depth and enjoy viewing beautiful marine life and corals of Goa. The most appropriate beaches for kite surfing would be Morjim, Arambol and Aswem beaches in Northern Goa. There are various schools that run courses for those willing to try any of the mentioned activities. While in Goa, you should not miss the opportunity of trying Indian and Chinese cuisine, visiting a few discos and bars as well as checking out some markets. Shall you be looking for souvenirs, hand-painted ceramics are very representing of this gorgeous spot called Goa.
There is no need to go further than Booked.net to book Goa hotel. The website provides all the information regarding hotels, including pictures and guests’ reviews. Booked.net will help you to make your stay exactly the way you expect it to be.