Marsaille is located in the south-eastern part of France and lies on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea.
The city is blessed with all-year round sunshine and warm temperatures, which makes it a highly popular tourist destination.
The city is packed with various hotels for any taste. Booked.net will assist you in finding the most appropriate option for you. Booked.net offers a wide range of hotels in different parts of Marseille to suit any budget.
Marseille has a number of cultural spots from stunning theatres to magnificent churches. The major sights include:
- The Old Port renowned as the city’s harbor guarded by two grand forts. Here you can find a row upon row of cafes overlooking the sea. An old lighthouse the Phare de Sainte Marie located here is also worth a look
- La Vieille Charite is a chapel built in Baroque style with a few galleries located nearby. The chapel houses an archeological museum and a gallery of African and Asian art
- The Musee d'Histoire, a historical museum where you can get an insight into the Greek and Roman history and see the 6th century boat
- The Palais de la Bourse, built in the 19th century. Originally the first commercial institution in France, the building now houses a museum with records of Marseille commercial history
- The Musee de la Mode, where you can see designs from the last 30 years
Marseille has some magnificent cathedrals worth seeing. For instance, the Cathedral of Sainte-Marie-Majeure constructed in the 4th century and rebuilt 500 years later in Romano-Byzantine style. The 12th century Saint-Laurent church with beautiful chapel is another popular tourist attraction. The city offers a great variety of theatres, such as la Criee and the Theatre Toursky. Opera de Marseille is a stunning construction, where you can watch opera and ballet. For those who fancy shopping, St Ferreol district is filled with high-class shops, as well as restaurants and bars to chill out.
There is no need to go further than Booked.net to book Marseille hotel. Various options with full descriptions, photos and guests’ reviews are available to you on the website.