FUZHOU is the capital of Fujian province, which lies in the southeastern part of the People's Republic of China.
The city is sometimes called the city of banyan trees. The first construction in Fuzhou was the city walls, raised in 202 BC under the emperor Liu Bang. He also established his capital in Fuzhou. After this, the capital was called Ye or "the beautiful". Fuzhou is renowned for its local cuisine and four traditional cooking styles. The main feature of Fuzhou cuisine is the original flavor of the main ingredients that locals try to keep in their dishes. Some particular stuff you can get from Fuzhou as souvenirs include paper umbrellas, cork pictures and stone sculptures.
Fuzhou hotels are numerous. Booked.net has a great selection of Fuzhou hotels from economical options to luxury hotels for any budget, taste and purpose of stay.
The city has a number of places worth visiting. The most popular tourist sights include;
- Wuyi Square, the most famous squares in the city with a majestic statue of Mao. If visit early in the morning or later in the evening, you can view the ceremonial raising or lowering of the flag
- Gu Mountain is mainly renowned for the temple located on 1,900 meters height. It houses highly important archives written by monks
- Baiyun Mountain ages about 400 million years and is sometimes referred to as the park with natural hills. It is an absolutely gorgeous place with six sightseeing zones, among which there are Mingzhu Tower, Moxing Ridge, Mingchun Valley, and Luhu Lake
- Wu Mountain provides a great view of the city and can be easily accessed and is a short walk a short walk to the hilltop. On top of it you will find a temple
- Qi Mountain, an amazing natural park with waterfalls and great view of other mountains. If lucky, you can even find some monkeys to feed
Some other great sights you can possible see include the Dizang Temple founded in 527 AD, Xichan Temple established in 867 AD, Mount Qi and Tanshishan cultural relics in Ganzhe. West Lake Park is famous for the beautiful lake. You can either take a tour on a boat or walk along the arching footbridge. In the park you will also find Fuzhou Science Museum, which exhibits dinosaurs. The museum is rather small, however will be a good fun for kids.
There is no need to look further than Booked.net to book a Fuzhou hotel. Please check the website for full information regarding Fuzhou hotels, photos as well as guests’ reviews.