Halifax is the capital city of Nova Scotia in Canada, located in one of the world's great natural harbors. Currently the city is famous as the Atlantic busiest seaport, as well as cultural centre of Eastern Canada. Halifax was founded in 1749, although had been inhabited by Mi'kmaq for a long time before that. Halifax houses some great outdoor opportunities. Numerous parks, gardens and coastline trails are available to you. The city has a vast history and you can get an insight by taking a guided tour of downtown. Otherwise, boat tours can take you whale watching, sailing or fishing.
Halifax hotels are numerous. To make the right choice, search for Halifax hotels on Booked.net. On the website you will find a range of hotels to meet your budget and preferences.
There are lots of interesting sights to see while in Halifax. The most visited tourist attractions include:
- The Halifax Citadel is a fort with a view of the harbour. Currently, the citadel houses a museum and ceremonial garrison.
- Pier 21 also called the National Immigration Museum, which houses various exhibits related to Canadian immigration.
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic houses exhibits related to ill-fated Titanic and Halifax maritime explosion.
- St. Matthew's Church is the oldest united church in Canada.
- St. Paul's Church dating back to 1750 is the oldest Anglican church in Canada.
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia displays art works of local artists.
- Alexander Keith's Brewery founded in1863. Tours are available.
Among other important sights in Halifax there is the Province House, which is the oldest provincial legislature in Canada. Guided-tours will give you an insight into the history of the Legislative Assembly and its present importance. Halifax houses a number of gorgeous gardens, such as Public Gardens in Victorian style. The garden houses ponds, various plants and birds. Point Pleasant Park is also worth noting. It is a large park with some military fortifications remained from the 18th century. York Redoubt is another important complex of forts. Here you can see tunnels, caves, cliffs and other interesting spots.
Waterfront is packed with stores, restaurants, and other entertainment. You can also take a boat trip from here and go nature and whale watching, sailing and fishing. Otherwise, make it to the Northwest Arm and to see the historic Dingle tower.
Booked.net will assist you in finding the best Halifax hotel to meet your expectations. Please have a look at Halifax hotels for full information, photos and guests’ reviews.