Canmore is a town in the Bow Valley of Alberta, Canada. The town lies slightly east of the Banff National Park and about half-an-hour drive to Calgary. Bow Valley takes its name from the Bow River that flows through it. The town is renowned for three rocky mountains located in the area, called the Three Sisters. A number of movies were shot in Canmore, including Brokeback Mountain, Open Range, Legends of the Fall, Snow Dogs and others. Canmore is a perfect place for outdoor activities and extreme sports, such as ice climbing, caving, kayaking, biking and so on. Shall you be looking for a stunning nature, this Canadian mountain town is the place to go.
To find the right Canmore hotel there is no need to go further than Booked.net. On the website you will find a wide selection of Canmore hotels with guests’ review and photos.
The city offers a great number of places worth visiting. The major tourist attractions include:
- Canmore Museum and Geoscience Centre (CMAGS) exposes Canmore’s cultural artifacts and holds various exhibitions.
- Rat's Nest Cave, a wild cave will be of particular interest for cavers.
- Northwest Mounted Police Barracks house antique furnishings and various historic objects.
- Canmore Public Art Gallery holds exhibitions of local artists.
- Silver Tip Golf Resort or Stewart Creek Golf Club offer gorgeous golf courses.
- Grassi Lakes, absolutely stunning blue lakes. It takes a short but a very pleasant hike to get there.
- Banff National Park features wildlife of Canadian glaciers and mountains. It makes a part of the Rocky Mountain Parks World Heritage.
A number of festivals take place in Canmore. The Canmore Ice Climbing Festival held in December is quite popular. During the festival people can climb the 18-metre man-made ice wall located just downtown Canmore. Canadian mountain bike race known as the 24 Hours of Adrenalin runs through Canmore. It features team riders competing on a challenging 16 km circuit. Canmore Nordic Ski Club also holds an annual ski marathon. Canmore is one of the world’s top destinations for ice climbing. Kayaking and canoeing are also popular activities due to a number of rivers and lakes. For some particular events, check the Canmore Nordic Centre. Regardless of the season, the centre hosts various sporting events, from local to World Cups.
Booked.net will assist you in finding a Canmore hotel according to your budget and preferences. Please check the website for the most attractive deals.