Greenville is the world's former textile center.
The city started in textiles and fashion in 1820s, but business went up only in 1870s when there was an explosion of advertising and publicity surrounding the first Huguenot Mill being "an electric plant that makes plaid cloth".
In Greenville you can trace the first steps of world fashion with Booked.net. From cheap hotels in Greenville to luxury offers all available with maps, photos and secure forms. Check out all hotel offers by price or location at our website.
The days of Greenville’s textile past are long gone. The city exchanged it for a creative arts scene. Today Greenville is about cultivating art and this tendency is best reflected in its numerous galleries and museums.
- Greenville County Museum of Art, a place to inspect great art
- Bob Jones University Museum and Gallery offers the finest collections of Italian Baroque paintings in America
- Falls Park on the Reedy, the most unique urban park you will ever see in the USA
- Peace Center, a performing arts center and a location for touring Broadway shows
- Palmetto Expo Center, the largest convention center between Atlanta, GA and Washington, DC with more than 315,000sqft of space for exhibitions
On your stay within the city you can make this list longer as Greenville features an abundance of areas to stroll. For instance, tourists usually prefer to take it easy in the Kilgore-Lewis House, the headquarters for the Greenville Council of Garden Clubs. There you will enjoy five acres of unspoiled green surroundings. Animal lovers should visit the Greenville Zoo with 100 animal species.
In addition, Greenville specializes in both wine processing and tasting. If you are interested in the special method of wine making unique to Greenville than you should consider a guided tour to local wineries. But it is easy to enjoy ready-bottled wines in the local cafes and restaurants serving sophisticated dishes with exquisite drinks.
Despite Greenville featuring a small town charm, it has absorbed a big city feel from the nearby cities of Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte and North Carolina. Despite its big city neighbors Greenville still lures tourists and many famous painters like Carl Blair, Emery Bopp and Darrell Koons to the city.
A destination for the forward-thinking and talented, Greenville offers an excellent holiday with Booked.net.