Lake George is a village, surrounded by mountains, and renowned for one of America's most beautiful lakes. It lies in Northern New York, US. The village houses numerous recreation opportunities, parks and shops, as well as other entertainment facilities. The lake has 245 islands and a number of beaches for those who fancy swimming and sunbathing. Amusement parks, golf courses, skiing and some cultural spots will make your stay unforgettable. Lake George Village was established in 1810 and was initially named Caldwell. In the early 18th century the place became popular among tourists. Some famous people such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were also among those who visited Lake George village.
Many resorts, hotels and cottages appeared in the 19th century in Lake George village. During summer time, lakefront hotels become highly valuable, thus, shall be booked in advance. Booked.net will assist you in finding the best Lake George hotel to suit your budget and the purpose of stay.
There is a great number of sights to see while in Lake George. The most important tourist attractions include:
- The Great Escape, an amusement park with 125 rides and one of the oldest wooden roller coasters in the US.
- Adirondack Winery & Tasting Room for wine tasters.
- Prospect Mountain, a 2,030-foot mountain in height. Trips to the summit are available.
- Fort William Henry dedicated to the battle of 1757, between the French and English.
- House of Frankenstein Wax Museum exposes wax statues of celebrities.
- Magic Forest, an amusement park with 25 rides, as well as animal performances and various shows.
- Shelving Rock Falls, a waterfall you can reach by hiking trail in the Lake George system.
The village is a resort area and you can take a walk towards the beautiful lake, get entertained by clowns or enjoy fireworks as well as boat cruises along the coast of Lake George. Rafting and tubing on Lake George are among the popular tourist activities ever. Take a boat trip to some Lake islands. For instance, Diamond Island is quite visited. Otherwise, you could swim and search for quartz crystals in the Lake waters. Kayaking is another amazing way to spend time if the wind blows in the right direction.There is no need to go further than Booked.net to find a Lake George hotel. Various hotels with full description, photos and guests’ reviews are available on the website.