Named after the wife of King George, Charlotte is the largest city in the Carolinas and, some might say, one of the most beautiful and fun to visit.
In less than 20 years the “Queen City” would earn another name as Americans sought independence from British rule. And the city became known as a “hornet's nest of rebellion” - earning it the name “The Hornet's Nest”.
In the 20th century and beyond the hornet-like buzz of NASCAR racing has become a large part of life in Charlotte as has the cut-and-thrust world of banking.
The biggest banking center in the United States after New York. Charlotte is a place where you have to dig a little deeper to find its wealth of good museums, stately old neighborhoods and fine dining.
From a room in a cheap Charlotte hotel to luxury accommodation.
Booked.net has all the information on hotels in Charlotte you need to enjoy what this city has to offer, from the facilities available to photos, maps, and secure reservation forms to book your stay.
Booked.net can offer you Charlotte hotel deals at exclusively lower prices than rack rates.
First on any motor sport enthusiasts list of to-dos should be a visit to the NASCAR Hall of Fame, but if burning rubber is not your thing there is plenty to see and do in Charlotte.
– The Mint Museum of Art is a reproduction of the US Mint located in Charlotte from 1837 until 1913
– The Afro-American Cultural Center, largely housed in a historic old church has visual-arts exhibits, films and performances in the outdoor amphitheater
– At Discovery Place science museum Wander through a rainforest, peer inside a huge eyeball or sample liquid-nitrogen ice cream in the chemistry lab
– The city is home to professional football (the Panthers) and basketball (the Hornets) teams and it is worth catching a game in season
– The huge Charlotte Coliseum and high-rise office buildings that have transformed the city's skyline since the 1980s.
– Lowe's (formerly Charlotte) Motor Speedway is in nearby Concord
Modern Charlotte is a city that flashes newness despite its 250-year history.
Central Charlotte is regarded as the most guest friendly area among tourists. You can make advance booking there in no time using our Charlotte hotel map at Booked.net.
Early booking at Booked.net means you pay less, as well as make additional savings.