Say ''European Beauty''.
As the words call so their echo is reflected in Kiev, the most beautiful capital in Europe. It is here Mother Motherland looks into the distance from the hills that dominate Kiev and line the Dniepr River, while its art and architecture are UNESCO treasured. It is in Kiev the oldest churches in the Europe were built and the Seventh Wonder of Ukraine stands – Kiev-Pecherska Lavra.
With Booked.net, you can see it on your own – Kiev – a city that makes Europe look different.
Let us take care of your stay – from cheap hotels in Kiev to one packed with luxuries – we have collected them all at Booked.net. You can book any hotel in Kiev at the lowest possible rate exclusive to Booked.net.
Thanks to its rich history Kiev grew in terms of its stature and appearance. The oldest city in Eastern Europe, it dates back to 482AD. Since that time it became a cradle of Slavic civilization, experienced Kievan Rus prosperity, felt the burden of genocide and survived two world wars. Attractions include;
- Motherland Statue – Rodina Mat – she stands in the center of Museum of the Great Patriotic War and makes up the heart of Kiev
- Zoloti Vorota, or the Golden Gates of Kiev, reconstructed in 1982; still a must-see for every tourist as a symbol of Kiev
- Pecherska Lavra is a cave monastery that was founded by St Antony in 11th century
- St Sophia's Cathedral, the oldest church in Kiev despite it was reconstructed in 17th century
- Mariyinskiy Palace is a place to stroll, especially for loved-up couples; the area is surrounded with adjacent park and Lovers' bridge nearby
Now you can understand why Ukrainians are so proud of their city being ''a mother of all landmarks''. Kiev is built around the encounter of old and new, for example Andriyivsky Uzviz is a cobble-stoned street of 17th century, while the main street – Kreschatik – is done with a stamp of European gloss.
Anyway, welcoming Ukrainians who know Kiev like a back of their hand will be glad to orientate you in the city. But be careful as among the passer-bys there can be world famous personalities once born and now back on a visit to Kiev. Just imagine that Kiev is a birthplace of Mila Yovovich, supermodel and face of London fashion, and the powerhouses of the world’s boxing scene – the brothers Klitchko – are from Kiev.
Such a blend of personalities is no surprise for Kiev is inhabited by 2.7 million people. About 85 percent declare themselves as Ukrainians, while 12 percent as Russians. Armenian, Azeri, Belarusian, Jewish, Georgian, Polish, Romanian and Tatar join them, but in lesser percentages.
From an architectural mix to a blend of cultures Kiev appears a melting point for both. At Booked.net you can make your stay in Kiev comfortable with best hotels all at affordable price.