Famous British poet and critic Samuel Johnson once said - "When one is tired of London, one is tired of life". With that one phrase he captured the spirit of an entire city.
A million different things to do, for a million different tastes – everyone can find something to indulge in when in London.
A blend of languages, cultures and ideas, London is a hub, whether you are about trade, fashion, cuisine or population within European Union or United Kingdom. It is hard to beat the scale of London.
A destination for full-wallets, London is expensive. To make your money stretch further in London, save on London hotels all at the lowest possible rates and exclusive for Booked.net.
From cheap hotel in London to one flush with luxuries, check our selection with photos, maps and secure forms at Booked.net.
To experience London fully, try to get lost in its urban environment, among locals dashing around and going about their own business. Londoners are always serious and concentrated on their own business - you are hardly going to draw their attention.
And becoming part of it is the point of London - the essence of the city - culturally diverse with one third of its residents weren’t born within its boundaries. Yet despite the continual flow of immigrants, London does not lose its quintessentially British core:
- London Eye, the third largest observation wheel in the world is a good start for you to take in the cityscape
- Buckingham Palace, an official residence of the Queen, which can be toured in summer months
- Piccadilly Circus beats all sites by the quantity of photos taken by tourists and a must-see to visit
- Tower of London, possibly the most haunted building in the world and designated as a UNESCO world heritage site
- Trafalgar Square, has recently become pedestrian area right in the center of London
- Westminster Abby, a burial place for the greatest of Britons and a place for royal coronations treasured by UNESCO
But the sites are just part of what gives London its British flavor, from red-colored double decker buses to strong English tea everything about this city is done with a stamp of British reticence and with regards to traditions.
A long path to European leadership and soon to global prominence, you can trace it all in London with just a click at Booked.net – direct bookings and no agency fees.