The English city of Blackpool is one of the most popular seaside resorts in the United Kingdom of all time.
Spread along the Irish Sea coast, the city is famous for its miles-long sandy beaches and extensive entertainment options. The city lies less than an hours’ drive from Manchester (to the north-west) and Liverpool (to the north). Blackpool is particularly beautiful from late August to November when the 10km promenade is illuminated with different colored lights. This event has become one of the draw cards to Blackpool and makes this city attractive to tourists even in autumn.
Blackpool offers a great number of hotels to choose from, with prices vary significantly depending on the season. Booked.net will help you to find the hotel that best suits your demands, whether you are travelling on budget or looking for a swanky place to stay. From budget Blackpool hotels to luxury check our listings at Booked.net
Blackpool is definitely tourist oriented, with innumerable amounts of things to do for any age and taste. The main attractions in Blackpool are as follows:
- Blackpool Tower (akin to the Eiffel tower) constructed in 1894, 518ft in height. Numerous entertainment facilities, bars and restaurants are located in this area
- Three famous coastal piers (North, Central and South). Each of them was constructed independently and has different attractions to offer. For instance, you could find shops, tramways and theatre on North pier, renowned Ferris wheel on Central pier and gorgeous park on South pier
- Grandy Art Gallery first opened in 1911 and exhibits a great collection of both traditional and contemporary art
- Pleasure Beach Blackpool – an entertainment park open from Easter to October, which offers over 125 amusements and hair-raising rides
- Louis Tussaud's museum, the great-grandson of Madame Tussaud created this museum in Blackpool which has over 150 waxworks of celebrities, politicians, etc.
If you are interested in contemporary art, it is worth visiting Annie’s gallery or the Blott art studio. The latter displays various modern paintings, sculptures and photos. You could watch an opera at one of the largest theatres in Europe – the Opera House or admire a play at the Pavillion Theatre, both located in the Winter Gardens. Take a walk to the Stanley Park if you fancy a coffee at the art deco restaurant or a promenade along the lake. You could also make your holiday unforgettable by playing a few rounds on the absolutely beautiful golf course here. Make sure you pop by at ‘Funny girls’, famous local cabaret located on Dickson Road. If you are travelling with children, they will be impressed by Blackpool’s Zoo, with over 1500 animals housed there.
Blackpool is undoubtedly a stunning place, with a wide range of things to see and do. Booked.net will assist you in finding the best hotel options according to your preferences and budget.