Delicious cocktail of the rich history, outstanding seaside resorts and exultant spirit of the never-ending party. This is Bodrum, a Turkish port town on the southern coast of Bodrum Peninsula, where the elegant yachts are rocking in the crystal blue water and magnificent mountains create the postcard-view landscape. In this beautiful city you can bask in the sunshine on the beach and dance till dawn in the best nightclubs of Turkey. Bodrum is home to superior Halikarnas, the main discotheque of Turkish Riviera and one of the biggest in Europe. But don’t think Bodrum is a shallow city only for the partygoers. The history of Bodrum goes back to the 7th century BC, which can be traced in the ancient architecture of the city. Mausoleum of Mausolus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, was located in Bodrum.
Popular resort Bodrum offers numerous hotels for every taste and pocket. From the cheapest hotel in Bodrum to the most luxurious one you will find the best deals at Booked.net. Direct booking at our website will save you money and help make your journey unforgettable.
Bodrum is a lively city with narrow streets, many small art-galleries, cozy restaurants with delicious local food, seaside cafés, market and numerous stores. Set off on the pleasurable shopping in Bodrum, don’t miss the opportunity to bring home the unique Turkish handmade crafts. Visit the medieval castle of St. Peter, built in 1402 by the Knights Hospitaller. The great example of crusader architecture now operates the stupendous Museum of Underwater Archaeology. Other must-see of Bodrum is the monumental amphitheater. The ancient structure dates back to the times of King Mausolus, whose tomb, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, is the most prominent landmark of the city. The tomb has suffered during the earthquakes in Middle Ages, but you can still find the remains of it in the open-air museum.
Other attractions include;
- Myndus Gate was built by King Mausolus in 4th century BC. The original walls were 7 km long. The historical gate stood against the soldiers of Alexander the Great in 334 BC.
- The Shipyard used to serve as a defense against pirates. Interesting site with the Ottoman tower from 1794 also provides a beautiful view from the top.
- The French Tower inside the Castle of St. Peter contains the remains of Queen Ada, a Carian princess who died in the 4th century BC.
- Bodrum Hamam is also known as a Turkish Bath. You should definitely experience this absolutely Turkish pleasure.
- Windmills made of stone were in use from the mid 18th century. You can find windmills around Yalikavak and on a hill between Bodrum and Gumbet.
The city offers you numerous water activities. First of all, it’s a swimming in the crystal clear, warm sea. There are numerous diving clubs for scuba divers who want to explore enigmatic caves, fantastic reefs and colorful variety of underwater life. You can rent the windsurfing board and ride the waves in the peninsula. If you prefer less active intercourse with the water, join the popular boat trip, where you can get some tan while enjoying the stunning view of the coastline.
Charming city with the seaside resorts, busy nightlife and ancient history is an attractive destination for the tourists from around the world. Plan your trip wisely with the help of Booked.net and save money. You will find the best deals on the hotels in Bodrum in our vast database.