San Sebastian lies on the southern coast of the Bay of Biscay in Spain.
The place is famous for its beautiful scenery and sandy beaches, music and film festivals, various entertainments and cultural sights. Even skiing in the Pyrenees becomes possible in this stunning place. San Sebastian is thus considered the summer capital of Spain.
San Sebastian hotels are in abundance and to make the right choice among all the options it might be worth searching on Booked.net. The website offers you a wide range of cost-effective options as well as swanky hotels.
Popular tourist sights are mainly located in the Old part of the city. This area is also packed with row upon row of bars, restaurants and cafes. Major attractions include:
- Baroque Church of Santa Maria built in the late 16th century. The church has twin towers and a great interior with glass windows
- Gothic Church of San Vicente, which is the oldest church in San Sebastian. It was built in the 16th century
- Museo de San Telemo , originally constructed as a convent, it houses a great collection of paintings and art pieces from the epoch of Renaissance till the 19th century
- Miramar Palace is a stunning fortress with adjoining park and gardens that used to be a Royal Palace of the Queen Maria Cristina
- Castle of the Holy Cross, located on the hill of Mount Urgull, dates back to the 13th century. From the castle you can enjoy the panoramic view of the city
- City Wall originally used to defend the city. Now only remains are left, and you can have a look at them on the Mount Urgull
If you fancy a breathtaking view of entire city and a bit of walking, Mount Urgull and Mount Igueldo are available for you. The Constitution Square is definitely worth a stroll. Middle-age balconies and stunning buildings overlook the square that used to be a bullfighting point. The most curious rented these rooms to get the closest possible to the center of action. You can get surf lessons on Zurriola beach, hike towards the statue of Christ, go kayaking, water skiing or just take it easy at an amusement park. The Old city is packed with high-style shops, haute-couture and great restaurants where you can try the finest Basque cuisine.
Make your trip unforgettable with Booked.net and choose the best option to suit your budget and demand. Various hotels from low-cost to luxury are available on the website.