Located in southern Spain, Fuengirola is a large town on the Costa del Sol next to Mijas and Marbella to the west and Torremolinos and Benalmadena to the East.
It is renowned for more than five-miles of sandy beaches and pleasant weather, regardless of the season. The town offers numerous recreation and leisure facilities for any taste and pocket. Its vast history will take you back to the times of the Phoenicians and Romans. Meanwhile, you could get an insight into the life of locals by simply walking around the coastline early in the morning and talking to friendly fishermen.
Fuengirola is a stunning place to visit. Hotels and apartments are numerous. Sitting in your room you could admire a gorgeous view of the town and the Mediterranean sea over a glass of champagne. It is worth booking a hotel with Booked.net which offers you a wide range of hotels in Fuengirola for low prices through to the best five-star accommodation.
There are a bunch of things to see and do in Fuengirola. Major sights include:
- Fuengirola castle (Sohail castle) – a landmark of the town, which stands on the hill and offers a breathtaking view of Fuengirola and the sea. Its history dates back to Roman times
- The Finca del Secretario (the Secretary's Estate) where you could see a fish salting factory with a tiny spa area set up in 1970
- The Parish Church on the Constitution square (Plaza de la Constituciуn) with baroque façade, bell tower and clock. Locals very much associate this church with their everyday life
- History museum where you could learn more about the past settlers and civilizations such as Visigoths, Carthaginians and Moors
- El Baratillo de Fuengirola – the biggest market in Fuengirola opened on Tuesdays
- Fuengirola Zoo which is home to various tropical animals
- Aqua Park – a water park with a number of water amusements for adults and kids
It is undoubtedly worth trying windsurfing and scuba diving in Fuengirola. Golfers should make it to Costa del Golf, where you could find various golf courses. If you have been to all the local attractions and still have some time left, it would be a good idea taking a train to Malaga city where you could attend the Picasso museum and see ruins of one of the famous civilizations – Moors.
Although having a lot of cultural places to see, Fuengirola is mostly a seaside resort, where tourists come to enjoy sunbathing, swimming and various water sports. Take a stroll along the coast, take a seat under any palm and you will appreciate this paradise. There is no need to go further than Booked.net to book your hotel. Whatever you are looking for can be found here, whether it is a budget or a swanky hotel.