A city with bohemian charm and an eccentric sense of humor – Barcelona – thrives on its tourist industry while being totally Spanish in essence.
Perhaps, this is the only city in the world that hosts thousands of tourists a year that is still far from speaking English, it is a place where living statues and sidewalk performers inhabit most street corners, while along the coastline it offers beaches generously washed by waves.
Barcelona’s spirit is intertwined with that of the Catalans and it is an influence recognized far from the city limits and worldwide thanks to the bizarre tricks of Salvador Dali, who was an authentic Catalan first – then a famous artist. ''A city for the rich'' the Catalans say and while Barcelona is the most expensive city in Spain, with Booked.net your Barcelona experience may not cost you as much as you think.
Booked.net offers you the best bet; whether it is cheap hotel in Barcelona or luxury accommodation we have the lowest possible rates.
The second largest city in Spain, Barcelona is home to 1.5 million people who resist their native city being associated with images of a beach resort and tourists dashing around the city in swimsuits.
Barcelona holds firmly onto its historical roots, occupying tourists with numerous places to see and visit. Thus, for a dose of sightseeing in Barcelona, the attractions include;
- Las Ramblas, a pedestrian street lined with amazing pavement cafes, exquisite shops and street singers; by the way, brace yourself for high prices while visiting here
- La Plaça Catalunya is a place with fountains and monuments scattered throughout the square, it is going to occupy you some time to experience it in full
- La Casa Batillo – a historical building with unique architecture and a terrace overlooking the whole city; a perfect starting point to take in Barcelona
- Palau Guell, an architectural masterpiece by Antoni Gaudí – a genius of art-nouveau architecture
- El Portal de l'Àngel is a walkway to make good buys and relax with a cup of coffee after all the sights
The Barcelona of today became the most popular tourist destination in Europe from the 1990s right after the 1992 Olympics opened the city to the sea. It notably increased marine traffic and the quantity of ships docking in the port of Barcelona.
Barcelona overflows with visitors in August while locals leave the city for vacation outside the city network. It is a good time to book as Barcelona hotels make their prices lower on all rooms in this period. Find a room at Booked.net with maps, photos and secure forms to complete your booking.