The 3-star hotel in Veracruz like Hotel Porto Novo offers reasonable rates at 35US$. Hotel Oriente is situated within walking distance of Centro Cultural "Atarazanas" and offers affordable rooms at 21US$ per night.
179 hotels in Veracruz
Search the best hotels and places to stay in Veracruz
- Sort by
- Pricefrom low to highfrom high to low
- Popularityfrom low to highfrom high to low
- Guest ratingfrom low to highfrom high to low
Where to stay in Veracruz?
Best cheap hotels in Veracruz
Veracruz airports & Subway stations
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Veracruz
A variety of upscale hotels can be found in Veracruz, including the good-value Veracruz Plaza and the luxury Galeria Plaza Veracruz By Brisas. To be situated next to a harbor, parks and a national park, choose Grand Fiesta Americana Veracruz, which is a 4-star boutique hotel. Chain hotels include the 3-star Fiesta Inn Veracruz Boca Del Rio, with fantastic features including an outdoor swimming pool and a sauna.
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
For short stay travelers, apartments such as Casa Con Alberca Y Laguna or Departamento Amueblado Con Alberca En Veracruz Kiin, near General Heriberto Jara airport may be ideal. 30 B&Bs in Veracruz are available for booking, such as Suites Rio or Rio Cortijos. Families heading to Veracruz can stay directly close to Acuario de Veracruz by booking rooms at Emporio Veracruz, which features an outdoor swimming pool, an indoor swimming pool and tubing. City Express Veracruz is a popular resort to stay in Veracruz, it comes with free self-parking, an outdoor swimming pool and a Jacuzzi as well as views of the sea.
City Guide: Discover the best of Veracruz
Approaching the site of modern Veracruz, the Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortes could hardly imagine 500 years later it would be a place that Mexicans think is the most fun on earth.
Veracruz is a city where music starts before you’ve even finished breakfast. Set in Mexican bay, the city used to be a very important link between the capital and the coast.
Veracruz has always been something like a fusion of Havana and New Orleans - sultry and full of intrigue, but with the emergence of air flight the city ceased to be a gateway to Mexico. However, musicians from all parts of the Latin world come to Veracruz with its slow traditional life to blend the musical traditions of the Caribbean, Cuba, Spain and Mexico.
To enjoy the Latin music blends and traditional life of Mexico’s sea capital you could select among a wide variety of Veracruz hotels at Booked.net. Whether you want a room in a cheap hotel to a luxury Veracruz hotel, check out our listings online.
Once you are in Veracruz you can visit the following sights:
- San Juan de Ulúa Castle at the harbor area is the last fortress of the Spanish Empire, later used as one of the cruelest prisons of that time. The castle is located near the downtown and you can access it by walking
- Baluarte de Santiago – the last standing part from the wall that used to surround the old city
- Museo Agustin Lara is the former house of the famous pop-music composer.
- In the downtown area you can watch people dance to "danzon" a traditional Cuban music adopted in Veracruz. You can see the cathedral and enjoy a drink at Los Portales
- The City Museum, aquarium and Villa del Mar are also worth seeing.
Veracruz is not only a city of music, it is also a place to try the most delicious sea-food cuisine in Mexico, buy authentic souvenirs on the majority of which if there is enough space to write. After all, anyone who buys a souvenir should remember they bought it in Veracruz, the happiest and the most romantic place in Mexico.