You should consider staying in Hotel Zur Post, which is around 2.9 miles away from this landmark. Hotel Casa Verde is a charming choice that offers affordable rates at 96US$ per night and a convenient location near Kusterhaus. Hotel Ehranger Hof is a budget hotel that is a 10-minute drive to Porta Nigra and 1550 feet to Ehrang train station.
84 hotels in Trier
Search the best hotels and places to stay in Trier
- Sort by
- Pricefrom low to highfrom high to low
- Popularityfrom low to highfrom high to low
- Guest ratingfrom low to highfrom high to low
Where to stay in Trier?
Best cheap hotels in Trier
Trier airports & Subway stations
If you're simply passing through Trier, there are various accommodations close to Trier (ZQF-Trier Central Train Station) airport, such as Robert Schuman Haus, where prices come at around 241US$ per night. If you want to stay close to Trier Central railroad station and have the option to explore surrounding areas by train, think over Altstadt-Hotel, a budget accommodation only a 10-minute walk from the station.
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
To try hiking and cycling, think of the centrally situated Hotel Pieper, which offers room rates from 99US$. If you would like to experience the cuisine of Trier, you might want to book Ibis Styles Trier near L'Osteria Trier restaurant, which is also situated in the heart of the city. The area of Pfalzel district features an array of hotels, one upscale option is Hotel Klosterschenke, which features hiking, cycling and a sun terrace.
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Trier
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
Maxhof Trier is a family-friendly budget apartment which also offers a golf course, an aqua park and hiking. Junior Suite The Backyard Tby 01 is a standard B&B that is a 15-minute walk from Ehemalige Reichsbahndirektion. If you are visiting Trier with your family, choose a hotel like Hotel Am Ufer near Rulander Hof, a kid-friendly hotel that contains a rooftop terrace, hiking and cycling. If you are looking for a comfy resort hotel in Trier, consider Hotel Deutscher Hof, which is also within 10 minutes' walking distance of ExRakete.
City Guide: Discover the best of Trier
The oldest city in Germany, Trier is also called the second Rome for it’s the biggest German “museum” of the incredibly old architecture of the Roman times. The city is also distinguished for its outstanding medieval architecture, inasmuch as in the 13th century the archbishops of Trier were important prince-electors. Visit the Electoral Palace, one of the most beautiful Rococo palaces in the world, reflecting the glory of the archbishops.
Lack of the industry was a blessing in disguise for Trier; the city hasn’t been considered the important target during World War II bombings, thus its historic treasures survived untouched. Nowadays, Trier with its priceless architectural heritage is a find for inquisitive tourists.
The city famous for its old historical sights, Trier boasts its modern hotels and high-class service. Find the cheapest hotel in Trier or the most luxurious one at the lowest price possible. Booked.net offers you the best deals on the hotels in the internet.
To get to know the city, take a boat trip down the river to see the absolutely marvelous view. However the perfect way to discover all treasures of the city is a walking tour. Explore all UNESCO world heritage sites such as Roman Monuments, Cathedral of Saint Peter and Church of Our Lady; pay a visit to the Geburtshaus von Karl Marx, where famous economist was born in 1818 and go shopping some fashion clothes and antique souvenirs in the old quarter. After all take a glass of famous Mosel wine in the medieval market square.
- Roman buildings of the great historical value include colossal Porta Nigra gate built of sandstone blocks, ruins of three imperial baths, the largest antique hall of magnificent Constantine Basilica and Roman amphitheater which could accommodate up to 20000 spectators.
- Romerbrucke is the 2nd century bridge across the Moselle River, which is still crossed by traffic.
- Cathedral of St. Peter is the oldest cathedral in Germany. Catholic pilgrims from around the world come to honor the relic of the Holy Robe located at the Cathedral.
- Church of Our Lady, built in 13th century, is one of the most important cathedrals of early Gothic style. Dozen pillars symbolizing the 12 apostles support the cruciform structure.
- Bischofliches Dom- und Diozesanmuseum is the Museum of the Diocese of Trier with the fantastic collection of Roman artifacts and the priceless 4th century ceiling fresco from Helena’s palace.
- Simeon’s College, built in the 11th century, contains a restaurant and the Municipal Museum with the outstanding collections of Coptic textiles, East Asian sculpture and medieval art.
- Geburtshaus von Karl Marx is the birthplace of Karl Marx and the museum dedicated to the life and work of the famous socialist and philosopher.
To get the better feel of the city, come to its annual Antiquity Festival when the amphitheatre, that saw gladiatorial and animal combats, becomes an arena for the opera and musicals based on the mythological themes and ancient material. Or visit Bread and Circus Festival with ancient sports, the fights of Roman soldiers and traditional Roman delicacies.
The home to many priceless historical treasures, Trier is definitely a must visit city. Make your journey unforgettable with the help of Booked.net. We offer you the cheapest hotels in Trier and the most luxurious ones at the best price ever.