Your booking experience in Trier
We are pleased to offer you a fine accommodation for your next vacation in Trier. Booked.net enables you to filter your search in Rhineland-Palatinate by services and hotel brands. We’ve got design and boutique hotels with a rich list of services and facilities as well as other excellent accommodation options that give you a perfect base for exploring.
Budget hotels in Trier
For budget lodging, choose Hotel Vinum Integrationshotel, which comes at 90US$ per night, or Schroeders Stadtwaldhotel, which charges 94US$. Maxhof Trier is a charming choice that offers affordable rates at 86US$ per night and a convenient location near Wasserturm im Ausbesserungswerk.
Proximity to public transport
Astoria Hotel is 1000 meters away from Trier (ZQF-Trier Central Train Station) airport, plus it offers hiking, cycling and darts. Mercure Hotel Trier Porta Nigra is a 4-star hotel about 750 meters from the city center and 650 meters from Trier Central train station.
Convenience of staying in the city center
Altstadt-Hotel, which is located just in the city center, features a free private car park and complimentary parking. Ibis Styles Trier is centrally located and close to Basilica of Constantine. Look out for deals at hotels in Pfalzel district including the 3-star Hotel Ehranger Hof and Hotel Haus Am Berg.
For those looking to be close to St. Irminen Former Monastery, Hotel Porta Nigra will put you within a 10-minute walk from the city center where you can find a range of sights.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
Best Western Hotel Trier City is an opulent choice that is a 10-minute walk from the center and a 15-minute walk from Stadtmuseum Simeonstift. Holiday Trier is a charming choice that is only a 10-minute walk to the center and offers rates from 140US$.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
Hotel Restaurant Kugel is a cost-efficient apartment with cycling, a free private car park and free parking. Vienna House Easy Trier is a kid-friendly hotel that features a tennis court, an indoor swimming pool and horse riding, making it a fun destination for the entire family. Hotel Roemischer Kaiser ia an elegant resort hotel set less than a 15-minute walk from Imperial Roman Baths.
The oldest city in Germany, Trier is also called the second Rome for it’s the biggest German “museum” of the incredibly old architecture of the Roman times. The city is also distinguished for its outstanding medieval architecture, inasmuch as in the 13th century the archbishops of Trier were important prince-electors. Visit the Electoral Palace, one of the most beautiful Rococo palaces in the world, reflecting the glory of the archbishops.
Lack of the industry was a blessing in disguise for Trier; the city hasn’t been considered the important target during World War II bombings, thus its historic treasures survived untouched. Nowadays, Trier with its priceless architectural heritage is a find for inquisitive tourists.
The city famous for its old historical sights, Trier boasts its modern hotels and high-class service. Find the cheapest hotel in Trier or the most luxurious one at the lowest price possible. Booked.net offers you the best deals on the hotels in the internet.
To get to know the city, take a boat trip down the river to see the absolutely marvelous view. However the perfect way to discover all treasures of the city is a walking tour. Explore all UNESCO world heritage sites such as Roman Monuments, Cathedral of Saint Peter and Church of Our Lady; pay a visit to the Geburtshaus von Karl Marx, where famous economist was born in 1818 and go shopping some fashion clothes and antique souvenirs in the old quarter. After all take a glass of famous Mosel wine in the medieval market square.
- Roman buildings of the great historical value include colossal Porta Nigra gate built of sandstone blocks, ruins of three imperial baths, the largest antique hall of magnificent Constantine Basilica and Roman amphitheater which could accommodate up to 20000 spectators.
- Romerbrucke is the 2nd century bridge across the Moselle River, which is still crossed by traffic.
- Cathedral of St. Peter is the oldest cathedral in Germany. Catholic pilgrims from around the world come to honor the relic of the Holy Robe located at the Cathedral.
- Church of Our Lady, built in 13th century, is one of the most important cathedrals of early Gothic style. Dozen pillars symbolizing the 12 apostles support the cruciform structure.
- Bischofliches Dom- und Diozesanmuseum is the Museum of the Diocese of Trier with the fantastic collection of Roman artifacts and the priceless 4th century ceiling fresco from Helena’s palace.
- Simeon’s College, built in the 11th century, contains a restaurant and the Municipal Museum with the outstanding collections of Coptic textiles, East Asian sculpture and medieval art.
- Geburtshaus von Karl Marx is the birthplace of Karl Marx and the museum dedicated to the life and work of the famous socialist and philosopher.
To get the better feel of the city, come to its annual Antiquity Festival when the amphitheatre, that saw gladiatorial and animal combats, becomes an arena for the opera and musicals based on the mythological themes and ancient material. Or visit Bread and Circus Festival with ancient sports, the fights of Roman soldiers and traditional Roman delicacies.
The home to many priceless historical treasures, Trier is definitely a must visit city. Make your journey unforgettable with the help of Booked.net. We offer you the cheapest hotels in Trier and the most luxurious ones at the best price ever.