Consider staying at the 3-star Premiere Classe Kassel if you're traveling on a budget to have access to free self-parking and a patio. Hotel Restaurant Neu Holland is an affordable choice that will place you only a 10-minute walk from the city center. A short walk from Evangelische Freikirche Fuldatal, Rentaroom-Kassel is a good budget option for visitors of Kassel who would like to save up.
- Price: low to high
- Price: high to low
- Guest rating: high to low
- Popularity: high to low
- Pricefrom low to highfrom high to low
- Popularityfrom high to low
- Guest ratingfrom high to low
Where to stay in Kassel?
Best cheap hotels in Kassel
Kassel airports & Subway stations
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
If you want to be embraced by the hustle and bustle of Kassel, choose a hotel around Nord-Holland district, such as Hotel Schillerquartier or Hotel Excelsior. Art City Studio Kassel and Grosses Loft In Der Innenstadt are good apartments that will place you within a 10-minute walk of the city center. Enjoy your vacation in Kassel by choosing Hotel Palmenbad in Bad Wilhelmshoehe district.
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Kassel
You can also spend your holidays at deluxe accommodation, such as H4 Hotel Kassel situated near Kurt Kersten Gedenkstein, while you're vacationing in Kassel. Near Das Traumschiff Tante Olga, you will find some of the best hotels in Kassel, including Best Western Hotel Kurfuerst Wilhelm I, a boutique hotel accompanied by a sauna, a golf course and a patio.
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
Foto-Motel + Fensterzumhof is an affordable apartment for families situated next to documenta-Halle, with room rates from 79US$. Kassel has 74 B&B deals, such as Kingsgate or Casa Mya Wohnung Mit Terasse for your home-like comfort and atmosphere. If you want to be near Zwehrenturm, pick B&B Hotel Kassel, which is a good option for families and just a 10-minute walk away. If you are a nature lover, a resort hotel like Wyndham Garden Kassel in the vicinity of parks and woods is a good accommodation choice in Kassel.
City Guide: Discover the best of Kassel
"The capital of the German Fairy Tale Route", Kassel is the town, where world famous Brothers Grimm spent the longest and most productive period of their lives. The famous brothers collected and created the “Grimm’s Fairy Tales” in Kassel. No wonder, it’s the main town on the German Fairy Tale Route.
Visitor’s attractions include Sababurg Castle or the Sleeping Beauty’s Castle from the Brothers’ Grimm fairytale which was built in 15th century. By the way, Kassel is considered “the town of castles”, so its castles are a must see. Visit neo-Gothic Löwenburg Castle, and marvel at the number of unique objects, such as medieval furniture, weapons and armour, gaming tables and much more.
Thanks to its beautiful nature, rich history and art, Kassel draws millions of tourists every year. Explore Kassel’s unique cultural treasures staying at the best hotels in Kassel. From the cheap hotel to the one with luxuries, you will find the best offers at Booked.net
The town in the heart of Germany, Kassel takes pride in its fantastic range of museums. Among the most important historical treasures is Wilhelmshöhe Palace, which used to serve as a summer residence of the Emperor Kaiser Wilhelm II. Museum houses the Old Masters collection that includes works of Rembrandt and van Dyck.
Visit one of a kind exhibition of coffins, funeral carriages, gravestones and everything associated with death in the Museum of Sepulchral Culture. Then explore the life in the Natural History Museum, which preserves Europe’s oldest plant collection, famous “Goethe’s elephant” skeleton and much more.
Other attractions include;
- Friedericianum Museum was erected between 1769 and 1779. Built in contemporary neo-classical style, it was the first museum in Europe to open to the public.
- Brothers Grimm Museum will surprise all kinds of visitors. Find out more about the work of two great brothers in the fields of Germanic language and literature, law, history and mythology.
- Wilhelmshöhe Park is a magnificent combination of Baroque landscape and architecture. Among unique attractions are: Wilhelmshöhe Palace, the statue of Hercules, the fountain pond, artificial ruins like Löwenburg and more.
- Museum of Astronomy and Technical History offers you a number of fascinating scientific objects from the period of Renaissance to our days. Attractions include: rare telescopes and clocks, instruments from the fields of physics, microscopy and optics. On the third floor of the central building watch the stars in the Planetarium
- Fritzlar is a town, located 25 kilometres south-west of Kassel. Visit its beautiful sights dating from the 15th century, such as old merchant house, the market fountain and St. Peter’s Cathedral.
It’s hard to imagine Kassel’s cultural life without documenta art exhibition. The world’s most important exhibition of modern and contemporary art takes place every five years in Kassel. Visit the historical event, documenta XIII, in 2012.
Come to see Kassel, where art and nature are equally important, and stay with comfort in the best hotels at affordable price. From the cheap hotel in Kassel to the one with luxuries, find the best deals at Booked.net