|🏨 Hotels in Chemnitz||188|
|👛 Lowest price||33 USD|
|✍️ Hotels Reviews||3 782|
- Price: low to high
- Price: high to low
- Guest rating: high to low
- Popularity: high to low
- Pricefrom low to highfrom high to low
- Popularityfrom high to low
- Guest ratingfrom high to low
Where to stay in Chemnitz?
Best cheap hotels in Chemnitz
Chemnitz airports & Subway stations
Alexxanders Hotel & Boardinghouse, Restaurant is an elegant hotel that will put you less than a 10-minute walk from Chemnitz Central railroad station.
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Chemnitz
For a luxury stay in Chemnitz, think of Amber Hotel Chemnitz Park, with quick access to ehemalige Schutzenlocher 2. Weltkrieg and that features a Finnish sauna, a tennis court and horse riding.
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
Nice Apartment In Chemnitz At The Train Station is a 5-minute walk from Brückenstraße/Freie Presse Tram Stop metro station providing easy access to Chemnitz's main attractions and all the comforts of a modern apartment. Moblierte Wohnung In Schlosschemnitz Mit Nagelneuer Kuche! is a charming B&B that is only a 25-minute walk to Ernst Heilmann and adjacent to monuments, an opera and a museum. If you're traveling to Chemnitz with your family, think of booking Elisenhof next to Sachsen-Allee Chemnitz, a kid-friendly hotel that has a free private parking lot and a free parking lot. For a relaxing vacation, reserve a resort hotel near Karl Marx Monument, such as Hotel Sachsischer Hof or Achat Comfort Messe-Chemnitz.
City Guide: Discover the best of Chemnitz
To the majority of us, this city is better known under the name of Karl-Marx-Stadt.
This is despite the fact the famous communist philosopher never visited the city, GDR rulers decided to name it after Karl Marx to celebrate his jubilee in 1953. For four decades the city was known as Karl-Marx-Stadt and after the reunification of Germany, Chemnitz reverted back to its original name. You can still get a glimpse at the city’s Soviet past at the junction of Brückenstrasse, where a 7m bust of Karl Marx can be found.
Chemnitz witnessed different times, cultures, even existed under different names. Feel the spirit of the city, staying with comfort in the Chemnitz’s cheap hotels or the most luxurious ones for the best price. Check our database and find what’s best for you at Booked.net
Chemnitz is also one of the major commercial and industrial centers of Germany. A number of factories, scientific and research centers can be found in the city. In fact, laundry detergent, the filing clip and the thermos flask were invented in Chemnitz. Find out more about the city’s industrial heritage in the museum of industry, Industriemuseum.
Other attractions include;
- Karl-Marx bust, 7m high is known by locals as “Nischel”, which means head. It was made of bronze in 1971 by Russian sculptor Lew Kerbel.
- Chemnitz Castle was built in 1136 as a Benedictine monastery. Of particular significance are the chapel’s portal made of tree trunk-like fashioned stone in late-Gothic style and the large room in the South wing which is one of the biggest rooms made in Renaissance style. Find out more about the monastery and Chemnitz Castle in the Schlossberg Museum which is located in the monastery wings.
- Villa Esche was the first German building of the Belgian artist Henry van de Velde. Originally it was designed as a house for the family of the businessman, then it was used as the headquarters for the Soviet Military Command and now it’s the educational institution of handicrafts.
- The Red Tower is the oldest historical sight of Chemnitz. Built in the 12th century, it used to serve as a part of the city fortification.
- Gunzenhauser Museum holds one of the largest Otto-Dix collections, art of the Classic Modernism period and much more.
Chemnitz is a capital of culture. See it for yourself in the Opera house on Theaterplatz, world-famous for its Robert-Schumann Philharmonic orchestra, the ballet and the puppet theatre. Satisfy your interest in the historical and cultural wealth of Chemnitz and if it won’t be enough for you, take a trip to the nearby Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains) and enjoy the castles, chateaus and romantic river valleys.
Make your trip unforgettable with Booked.net. We will help you stay in the best hotel in Chemnitz at the lowest price possible.