Best Western Hotel Braunschweig Seminarius is a top-rated budget hotel with the sea views, that is situated within walking distance of a concert hall and a stadium. Centro Hotel Celler Tor is a budget choice that is only a 20-minute walk to Dankwarderode Castle.
- Price: low to high
- Price: high to low
- Guest rating: high to low
- Popularity: high to low
- Pricefrom low to highfrom high to low
- Popularityfrom high to low
- Guest ratingfrom high to low
Where to stay in Braunschweig?
Best cheap hotels in Braunschweig
Braunschweig airports & Subway stations
Mercure Hotel Atrium Braunschweig near Braunschweig Central train station is a decent area for travelers who want to save time in Braunschweig.
Convenience of staying in hotels downtown
If you're not planning on having your trip to Braunschweig, pick a hotel that is situated in the city center, such as Steigenberger Parkhotel Braunschweig or Centro Hotel Ritter St. Georg. To be only a 15-minute walk from the city center, stay at An Der Stadthalle. Situated in City Center district, Fruhlings-Hotel offers easy access to Landeskirchliche Gemeinschaft Bezirk Braunschweig e.V. And a tennis court and horse riding.
Luxury and boutique accommodation in Braunschweig
Explore and find your best apartments, B&Bs and others
You can also try comfy In The City B&B apartment, which includes a casino, a golf course and an aqua park. For business or large events, think of booking a room at Hotel Aquarius Braunschweig in Braunschweig that features a sauna, an indoor swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. Best Western Hotel Stadtpalais will place you next to the beach and within close proximity of Horst Friedmann about 1700 feet from Braunschweig city center.
City Guide: Discover the best of Braunschweig
"Die Löwenstadt" or the City of Lion.
That’s how people call Braunsweig, the historical city of Henry the Lion. In the 12th century Duke Henry the Lion made Braunsweig his place of residence because of the city’s perfect location on the important trade routes. You can still find the reminders of the Duke’s influence on the city in the medieval monuments such as the bronze Statue of Lion, the famous symbol of Braunschweig. The replica of the statue can be seen in the center of the main square while the original statue, dated back to 1166, is preserved in the Dankwarderode Castle, former residence of Duke and another reminder of his past.
Braunschweig is very proud of its research institutes and impressing number of the scientists. Visit the smart city wisely, booking the best hotels at the lowest price possible at Booked.net. Find the cheapest hotels in Braunshcweig or the most luxurious ones in our vast database.
Start your encounter with Braunschweig on the Castle Square in the Altstadt (old town). You will find very interesting buildings of great historical value: the Dankwarderode Castle, built in 12th century, which now is a museum with astonishing medieval collection, and the Cathedral of St. Blasius, the wonder of medieval stone sculpture which also contains the tombs of Henry the Lion and his wife. You should also pay a visit to the Neo-Gothic Town Hall, take a picture of charming half-timbered house and, of course, take a close look at the symbol of Braunschweig, graceful figure of the bronze lion.
Other attractions include;
- Andreaskirche or the Church of Saint Andrew was built between the 13th and 16th centuries. The original church for the most part was destroyed during World War II, then thoroughly reconstructed.
- Happy Rizzi House presents three unusual office buildings with cheerful design, made by the artist James Rizzi for the Expo 2000.
- The Herzog Anton Ulrich Museum is one of the oldest art museums in Germany. It contains an outstanding collection of the world-class masters of art, such as Van Dyck, Rembrandt, Rubens and, of course, Anthony Ulrich.
- Photography Museum will help you discover the history of photography and contemplate breathtaking collections of travel, fashion and landscape photography.
- Ducal Palace was destroyed in the Second War and completely rebuilt using the original parts. Grandiose Palace that nowadays houses different cultural institutions is very popular among the bridal couples which can get married right in the Residential Palace of the Guelphs.
Braunschweig is the center of vibrant cultural life. The Staatstheater or the State Theatre offers you a diverse programme of the cultural events, such as satire festival “Blauhaus Party”, mixed with the rich traditional repertoire. Visit the city’s numerous popular festivals.
Music, theatre, cabaret, experimental dance take place right on the streets of the city during the Braunschweig Night of Culture. If you plan to visit the city in November, celebrate the annual Carnival Parade with the glass of Prinzensud beer as the residents of Braunschweig do.
Rich with the cultural events and historical heritage, Braunschweig is a catch for every tourist. Make your journey unforgettable with the help of Booked.net. From the cheap hotel in Braunschweig to the one with luxuries, find everything you’ve been looking for at Booked.net