Your booking experience in Bielefeld
Whether you're searching for hotels in Bielefeld on business or homelike lodging for a family getaway, Bielefeld hotel options, such as comfortable hostels are only a click away. Booked.net allows you to filter your search in North Rhine-Westphalia by star and guests’ rating, accommodation type, price, services and hotel brands. Booking a hotel in North Rhine-Westphalia is a piece of cake with us and you are going to thoroughly enjoy it!
Budget hotels in Bielefeld
Waldpension Bielefeld is an affordable choice that offers a golf course, horse riding and hiking. Brenner Hotel is an affordable choice that is a 30-minute walk from Das Rockcafe. If you looking for a budget-friendly hotel near Bielefeld Central train station, consider staying at Hotel Senator.
Convenience of staying in the city center
Consider staying in a hotel near Old Market Bielefeld, such as Golden Tulip Bielefeld City, which comes at 79US$ per night. If you're looking for closest proximity to Lenkwerk, consider staying in Hotel-Restaurant Entrada or Aappartel.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
For a one-of-a-kind experience, book a room at Parkhotel Bielefeld, a boutique hotel with a sauna, a Jacuzzi and complimentary private parking.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
You can also try comfy Hotel Schweizer Haus, which includes complimentary parking and a free private carpark. A good kid-friendly hotel is Hotel Im Winkel, which comes with a free private car park, a sundeck and a free car park. Waldhotel "Peter Aufm Berge" is a popular resort with a golf course, hiking and a free carpark for an unforgettable stay.
Economic and cultural center of Eastern Westphalia, Bielefeld attracts visitors with the beautiful nature, outstanding architecture and the variety of fabulous events. Historical “city of linen”, Bielefeld used to be the home to the main linen production. In the early 1920s the Bielefeld Savings Bank even issued the “stoffgeld”, money, made of linen, velvet and silk.
Visit unique Museum Wäschefabrik (Linen Works Museum) based on the territory of the linen factory. Built in 1913 by Hugo Juhl, Jewish businessman, the factory had been working until the 1980. Among many interesting tours there is a tour by torchlight that takes place late at night.
The city with the rich history and many cultural events, Bielefeld is a catch for the visitors. Book the best hotels in Bielefeld for the most affordable price directly at Booked.net and save money.
To get to know Bielefeld from the best point, visit Sparrenburg Castle, where you will be rewarded with the fantastic view of the city. You will see the old town with the University on one side of the castle, and the Gadderbaum district with the famous Bethel hospital, home for people suffering from epilepsy and disabled persons. The Castle itself is worthy of your attention. From the 13th century it used to serve as a safeguard for the city, since 17th century it was the prison. Explore the well-preserved rooms of the fabulous Castle and in July, during Sparrenburgfest, find out more about the medieval way of life.
- Old City Hall, opened in 1904, is a beautiful architectural mixture of different styles, including Gothic and Renaissance. The Old City Hall still houses mayor’s office.
- Founded in the 1236, Altstädter Nicolaikirche or the Nicolai Church is the oldest church in the city. The biggest treasure of the church is wooden altar carved at the Antwerp workshops, decorated with 250 figures from biblical stories.
- The ecclesiastical Neustädter Marienkirche or the Church of St. Mary is an important Bielefeld’s landmark. The church houses very precious treasures, including late Gothic crucifix from the early 16th century and the altar of St. Mary from 1400.
- Farmhouse Museum is the oldest open-air museum in Westphalia. Built in 1917, it provides a picture of the life on farm in the 1850s. Take a closer look at the bakehouse from 1764, storehouse from 1795 and horsemill from 1826. There is a café in the barn from 1807.
- Teutoburger Wald is one of the largest forests in Germany. The beautiful forest, surrounding the city, is known to everybody for its historical battle. In the year 9 AD Hermann the Cherusc won against the Roman Empire in Teutoburger Wald.
Numerous Bielefeld’s events take place in the Old Market Square, surrounded by ornate patrician town houses. In April the museums, galleries and churches are open all night long during “Nachtansichten”; in May the Linen weaver Market, the oldest street fair in Bielefeld, takes place; you can taste a multitude of wines during Bielefeld Wine Festival in September or have a delicious treat at Christmas Market in December.
Bielefeld eventful cultural life has something for young and adults. Save the time and money planning your fascinating journey wisely with Booked.net. We offer you the best deals on the cheapest hotels in Bielefeld and the most luxurious ones at Booked.net