Your booking experience in Aachen
If you are searching for a cozy accommodation for your next travel in Aachen, we are delighted to present you with great Aachen hotel deals. Booked.net allows you to limit your search in North Rhine-Westphalia by proximity to transport links and landmarks. We have design and boutique hotels with a comprehensive list of amenities and services along with other popular accommodation options which provide you with an ideal base for exploring.
Budget hotels in Aachen
Forsthaus Schontal is an affordable choice that offers hiking, horse riding and a sunbathing terrace. Ibis Budget Aachen Nord is an affordable hotel steps away from Ludwig Forum, which offers room rates from 66US$.
Proximity to public transport
Ibis Aachen Hauptbahnhof also features an indoor swimming pool and a free car park and is 550 meters from Aachen Central railway station.
Convenience of staying in the city center
For travelers who would like to stay a little closer to the city centre, the 3-star Domapartments Aachen City with a sun deck and a sunbathing terrace is the ideal choice. Bensons Hotel is a 10-minute walk from the hustle and bustle of the city center and offers 3-star accommodation. For hotels in Aachen Mitte district 900 meters from the city center, check out Hotel Am Marschiertor.
If you'd like to conveniently access Fischpuddelchen, select a hotel that is located nearby, such as Hotel Benelux which is within 5 minutes' walking distance. Hotel Rosenpark Laurensberg is a good choice, close to Lambertz Werksverkauf as well as bars, a stadium and restaurants.
Luxury and boutique accommodation
Pullman Aachen Quellenhof is a chic choice that is a 10-minute walk to the center and boasts a casino, an indoor swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. Pallazzo Alfonso is a chic 3-star boutique hotel situated less than a 15-minute walk from Granusturm. Hotel Lousberg offers an outdoor swimming pool, a casino and a health club as well as an unbeatable comfort of a chain hotel.
Apartments, B&Bs and others
We have great B&B accommodation options, such as Apartment Blucherplatz with a room rate from 76US$. Ibis Styles Aachen City is a family hotel that is just a 15-minute walk from Grashaus. For a relaxing vacation, book a resort hotel near Lust for Life, such as Best Western Hotel Regence or Mercure Hotel Aachen Am Dom.
The name of the German city Aachen originated from the Latin word “aqua”, which means “water”. This happened for a good reason. For the centuries the Aachen’s hot springs with the curative waters were beloved place of the Franks and the Romans. King Charlemagne was so fond of the city that he chose it as his favorite place and built his splendid Cathedral and his Empire in Aachen. The remains of Charlemagne can still be seen in his famous residence. After his death for almost 6 centuries the Cathedral used to serve as the place for coronation of the Kings of Germany. No wonder, in 1978 it became the first German site ever taken on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
Buy unusual souvenirs in the numerous interesting shops of the colorful old town. To spend more save on the hotel price with Booked.net. From the cheapest hotel in Aachen to the most luxurious one you will find the best deals at Booked.net
There is so much to see in Aachen: picturesque houses from various centuries, numerous churches and monasteries, two remaining city gates and parts of medieval city walls, unique monuments and enchanting parks. The most prominent architectural landmarks of Aachen you will find in the center of the old town. Among them are marvelous Cathedral with its unique treasury collection, Gothic Town Hall from the 14th century and Elisenbrunnen drinking fountain with the fine curative water. In the city of “aqua” you should definitely visit one of its popular spa centers. Enjoy professional spa treatment, various saunas and outstanding water pools of all kinds in the Carolus Thermen complex.
- Magnificent Cathedral dates back to 800. The most important relics are the golden Shrine of Charlemagne from 1215 and the Shrine of the Virgin Mary from 1239. The treasury collection contains precious Lothair Cross, silver and gold Bust of Charlemagne and Persephone sarcophagus.
- The Town Hall, built in the 14th century, is one of the most impressive sights in Aachen. 50 statues of German rulers embellish the north facade of the imposing structure. Every year important people from around the world assemble in the Coronation hall with its outstanding Rethel frescoes for the Charlemagne Prize ceremony.
- Grashaus, built in 1267, is one of the oldest non-religious buildings in Aachen. Until 1349 it served as the first Town Hall, now it houses the city archive.
- The Couven Museum in Rococo town house will help you explore the life of middle-class people in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Printen Museum will take you to the world of traditional culinary delicacy of Aachen. You will see the process of making Aachen Printen, a special type of gingerbread.
- Restaurant Am Knipp is the oldest restaurant in Aachen. Enjoy the high-class German dishes and great beer in the restaurant opened since 1698.
Aachen is the home to the numerous music and sport festivals. Don’t miss the famous CHIO, the world festival of equestrian sport; enjoy Aachen Summer of Culture with the open-air concerts of rock, pop, jazz and classical music. And of course, have fun during the six days of Carnival with the cheerful residents of Aachen, dressed up in the colorful costumes.
You will love the outstanding architectural treasures, high-class spa facilities and vibrant cultural life of Aachen, the favorite city of Charlemagne. Spend your time in “aqua” city with maximum comfort, staying in the cheapest hotels of Aachen. Booked.net will arrange your trip for the best price possible.